Twins dry pics at end of pg 4

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by crocee, Mar 1, 2009.

1. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    OK tomorrow is the 150Th day of Tilly's second breeding date and we have a 2" string of very thick white goo hanging. She peed and it did not come off as it did before with the other goo alerts. Her wound on her udder has broken open due to her udder being larger than it was and its back to bleeding a little, its not dripping though. I have been putting the bag balm on it to keep it supple.Its still not shiny but its bigger and she is a first timer. Is this it? Kids tonight or early morning? I am wide awake with no chance of sleeping due to the steroids so I will be watching all night. No one else on here is sleeping so why should I :)

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: We have thick goo, is this it????????

yah you are in for a long night :ZZZ:

3. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

Well whoever is here can stay up with me and hold my hand while I go nuts :hair: :hair: :ROFL: :ROFL:

4. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Sounds like you're close! Hope had stringy goo right before giving birth (but that was the only time she had goo, silly goat).

I can't wait to see those babies!

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Definately sounds like it - take a look at my thread on Dora and see if it looks like that from last night.

6. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

Tilly has had a drippy goo for a month but this doesn't look anything like that. It looks like a huge wad of snot hanging out of her. Its was about 2" long. When I went out to the goat house she was not laying in her normal spot. She was laying right beside the door and she never lays there. I made her get up and that's when I saw the "snot". I also saw that her udder has broken open again due to the enlarging udder. It doesn't look bad but it doesn't really look good either.

It does look like Dora's but not quite as long and red at the moment. I can't really see the goo on the 9pm picture.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Sounds like you will have babies I would say in a few hours. When I see the goo on my gie=rls we have babies in a matter if hours. :clap: :leap:

8. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

It looks exactly like the plug pictures on Fias co farms birthing pictures. There is one with a wad of "snot" hanging out.
    I will be checking every 30 minutes from now till morning unless something else happens.

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well if it is just a plug then she might not go just yet

10. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

It looks like that, the way its hanging out. I was using that picture as a description only. I think she lost her plug a while back and this is her 150 day due date for the 2nd breeding.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh sorry :doh:

12. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

Shes laying down and will NOT get up to move out of the doorway unless I drag her. Shes looking like shes concentrating on something and stretching her neck out like shes having a contraction. The thick goo is still there but shes got her butt up against the wall and she keeps looking at it. Usually I can get her to get up but not tonight. She wants to stay where she is and no amount of prodding is getting her to move. I am going to let her stay there for the time being but if things start progressing I will drag her if I have to, its windy out there and not a good place for a birth of any kind.

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yah mine get stubborn like that when getting ready to kid. Its like "hey I am the one uncomfortable, leave me alone!"

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

sounds like she is preparing... :greengrin: ....one thing to be aware of....be careful when you drag her ..you may hurt her teats or udder...... :(

15. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

I will be careful and get DH to help. If I have to be up, so does he. Good thing theres a foot of shavings in there, and IF I need to I can roll her on to a blanket and slide her on it. She has never laid in the doorway before. Seems a silly place to have a baby to me.

16. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL

Is she really that reluctant to get up? That worries me a little especially in a drafty door way. CAN she get up? I'm sorry, I've just had several hard lessons with goats going down, and it usual starts like that. If you seriously have to roll her on a sheet to move her, than something else may be going on beside labor.

17. gotgoats

gotgoats New Member

Nov 10, 2007
    oklahoma

The other day when my goat kidded she was having them outside. After the 2nd one, I wanted her in the barn, and I had to literally push, coax, and beg her to go inside. She stood as if she were glued in the dirt. After she was in the barn, she had one more.
    Good luck, really sounds soon!

18. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

she really doesn't want to get up ? How long has she been doing this?
    Have you taken her temp?

19. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Yep, good luck!!! Babies soon!!!

20. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

Shes still the same and the really thick goo is still there and longer, her tail is really icky at 330 cts. She will get up if I entice her with some warm power punch mixed in water. Yes shes still in that drafty doorway but the wind has quit blowing.The goo had changed colors and now its amber looking. Shes up and down quite a bit and pawing. IF she hasn't done something more later this morning I will investigate further. My clock is set for 6 and I will go out and check again. I gave her some Kitchen sink CMPK and she drank it all down along with the power punch. She doesn't seem in any major distress other than being uncomfortable. Right now the temp is +25 with a slight breeze. With a high of +37 predicted it won't be much warmer but it will be light so I can see and have all hands available.This girl is going to drive me bananas :hair: I am going to lay back down for a couple hours. Will post later.