The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kidding thread is an appropriate title, because I'm half expecting this to all be a big joke! If Twix is indeed pregnant, her last possible due date would be June 20th. That's IF! She was with a buck full time until I got her in January, but doesn't look pregnant at all to me. So, like I told TrinityRanch earlier, I am starting a kidding thread so that if she never does have babies, everyone who has been keeping up with her will be mad at her too! She has me guessing and double guessing, sometimes she's acting pregnant and other times laughing in my face. So, this is more of a blackmail thread than anything else. Twix, if you don't have a baby hiding in there, THIS is how many people you will be letting down! LOL! Here's a few pics of her, I'll try to get some shots from above tomorrow, and keep it updated so that she can frustrate y'all as much as she's been frustrating me! She's the Nubian, by the way. :) Sorry, they're a little blurry because I took them with my cell phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Beautiful Doe

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Do you have a closer pic of her from behind? I haven't seen that one if you do. I had a doe that I was "iffy" on for quite a while. But, she really ballooned in her final month. This one doesn't look pg, from what I see...maybe you should send in blood for a pg test?

Do you have a buck? It will be breeding season again before long...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I though about sending out for bloodwork, but she only has three possible weeks left so I just as soon save money and wait. I agree, she doesn't look preg. But, I can feel bumps in her stomach, some big some small and they roll out of the way of my hand! On the right side, so I'm not feeling rumen, I don't think. I'm not sure if it's baby, or again, my mind playing tricks on me! lol I took this pic this morning, and her right side is slightly distended. Also, and I know now that you are not supposed to do this, but last week when I massaged her udder I could feel fluid in the teats. I squeezed a little out and it was clear, honey colored. I googled it, and some sites said it was pre-colostrum, others said remnants from previous freshening. She's probably been dry for 8-10 months at least, so any ideas what it is? I don't ever remember feeling fluid before last week, and I handle her udder often to make sure she stays used to it. I'm sure it COULD have been there before, and I just didn't notice it though.

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's another pic....

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I pushed my hand against her right side today, and right away I could feel a softball sized lump, about 3 inches or so below the spine, almost right under her hip bones in her stomach hollow. I'm guessing that would be where kid's head should be?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's pics from today: Notice on the one from behind, you can see her right side bulging slightly. Also, her ligs feel like they're more sunk in? They don't feel as straight and stiff anymore, they don't feel soft, but they feel like they sag some in the middle? does that sound right?

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
only 2 1/2 possible weeks now!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She's starting to look rounder and rounder every day. So maybe she IS pregnant! Or, our grass is really fattening. ;) Her ligs are still there, but may be sunk in a little more than when I first started checking them two weeks ago? Still no udder, but the past three days she has been pawing at the ground like crazy! Everywhere. She paws in the dirt, in the grass, on the milking stand.... of course, she's kind of a nut, so she may have just decided that it's fun!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know! I keep up with everyone else too. It helps time go a little faster. Plus I get to see all the cute goatie babies. Which is nice, since I'm not 100% sure Twix is pregnant anyway! I at least get to LOOK at cute babies, even though I may not get any of my own! lol

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, still no signs of pregnancy, so I'm really thinking my first hunch was right and she's not. Which is really ok. She was extremely malnourished, wormy, and mineral deficient when we got her almost 5 months ago, so her body probably couldn't hold babies then. You can't tell by looking at her now though! :) So, I'm looking forward to breeding her this fall! :) And, who knows, she might still be pregnant and is just gonna surprise me one morning a week from now with a little long legged, long eared, cute little goatie baby! :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a pic I took of her a month after I got her. She still had some winter coat, but it was dry, flaky and lousy. She looks better in this picture than she did a month before! She just laid around and didn't have any energy. She looks AWESOME now, as far as I'm concerned!

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm pretty sure she she's not preg. :sigh: She still has no signs, and there is only 2 possible weeks lft. And that's only if she was bred THE DAY that we picked her up! Oh well. Looks like I might have to sell her too, because I was really needing one in milk. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts