The Goat Spot Forum banner

Two goats and counting

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Emrcornerranch 
#1 ·
I’m Emily, and my family is starting (or HAS?) a homestead. We have two Nigerian Dwarf bucklings, one is twelve weeks the other fourteen weeks. We have ten chickens, twelve ducklings, five baby turkeys, a few lizards, and dogs. This Saturday we will bring home two adult three year old Nigerian does and two doelings. Superrrrr excited!! I’ve always wanted to live on a farm and be surrounded by different animals and wouldn’t ever dream it possible! I don’t care if it means living with my parents forever cuz I couldn’t dream up a cooler place to live! I turned 25 this year, which is very odd to say. We are in the middle of moving and things are hectic, living in travel trailers on the property while the house is being built. The bucklings are Leperchaun and Cowboy. Can you guess which is which? They finished their first round of Coccidia wormer on the 19th but are doing great now. We made a feeder out of a large plastic bin, and they love having hay all the time without screaming at me to fill it constantly. We love these guys so much and are beginning to take them on walks with us around the property. They even seem to enjoy my hound dog’s company.

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
I’ve just gotten such a kick watching my boys follow my dog around on walks, and Cowboy even cries when she gets too far. She brought them an old sock, reared up like a goat, and Leprechaun play reared up and missed her then they put their heads together. I believe my dog has successfully infiltrated the herd. Sort of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.