Two kids came 3 weeks early/ stillborn

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by mabeane, Feb 23, 2011.

1. mabeane

mabeane New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Talmadge, Maine
    I am disappointed that the first doe to kid did so last night and they din't make it. They were about three weeks early. She is acting fine, eating and drinking. The goop hanging out looks awful. When I came out to the barn this morning the second kid was hanging out her backside and I gently removed it.
    She showed no sign of impending labor or birth but this morning her udder is full and strutted .
    Since the buck arrived on Oct 21st I know she delivered early.

2. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Aww so sorry to hear that happend :hug: Do you have an idea what could of happend?

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I am sorry :(

I would make sure you milk her out and if you plan on milking then just go right ahead and keep her in milk. If you dont want to milk you will need to slowly dry her off.

Save the colostrum ( I like to freeze it in ice cube trays for easy thaw) for future if another doe kids without milk you have a bottle kid/s

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Stacey .....

and I am so very sorry.... :( :hug:

5. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Unfortunately I am in the same boat as of this morning, at I know I am not alone. I am sorry for your lose.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I'm sorry to hear that. It's happened here to...I know how ya feel. Very disappointing, but at least the doe is ok.

I agree with Stacey. And keep an eye on your doe to, to make sure she recovers ok.

7. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    I'm so sorry that your first kidding turned out that way. I'm glad your doe sounds like she's recovering well, though.