The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two male baby Nubians. And I want to be able to have them do some type of work, but I don't want them to pull carts is there anything else they could do??

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
They could possibly do ranch work and stuff (pulling things like fallen branches). But I heard from a pack-goat-expert that Nubians are horrible pack goats... too lazy. They lay down on their packs and don't want to work. I can totally see that happening!! But it all depends on their individual personalities.

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,283 Posts
They could possibly do ranch work and stuff (pulling things like fallen branches). But I heard from a pack-goat-expert that Nubians are horrible pack goats... too lazy. They lay down on their packs and don't want to work. I can totally see that happening!! But it all depends on their individual personalities.
:D I can see that! My girl Heidi is a lazy bones....she thinks it's work to get on the stand...she has to think about it a minute first, twice a day...every day :p

·
Registered
600 Posts
What kind of work are you wanting them to do? Unless you plan on breeding them I assume they are wethers(if they aren't already I would get that done soon), which usually are good for pack or cart goats. You can use them as companions for bigger animals like horses...

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
You could train them for service animals and visit nursing homes and hospitals. Delta Society can help you with that...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts