Two more goats. What are they?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by rkalgren, Oct 2, 2008.

1. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    We went and got the other two goats that were at the place we goy our supposed pygmy, Clementine, from. These two are only about seventeen inches tall at the shoulder. That is several inches shorter than Clementine. Their tails are bald underneath just like her's. Any ideas on what breed they are? I forgot to mention, they are one and a half years old.
    This is Tia.

This is Timara.

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    They sure look like Nigerians to me. What cuties!!!

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    They look like full nigerian dwarfs to me. If not, i'd say they've definately got quite a bit of nigerian in them at least. They are very cute! The pattern on Timara is very flashy!
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am not an expert on them,but they are sure cute........... :thumbup:
  5. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    I know, I know, they are goats. Right.
  6. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    I'd say they are Nigerian Dwarfs (or have a LOT of ND in them). Give it a day or two... there are several people on here that are good at knowing breeds.

Very pretty girls!! :cool:
  7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I think they look like mostly Nigerian Dwarf, maybe a tiny bit of pygmy. Congrats!
  8. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    They look just like my boys. Nigerian Dwarf. They are both very cute!
  9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    They are definately Nigerian.... especially the tri colored - those are not normal pygmy markings at all, they are not barreled that I can see either. My C-Springs goats are only about 20 inches tall. They are TINY! And pure registered Nigerians!
  10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Nigerian Dwarfs....I don't see any cobby pygmy lurking there! Congats...they look very healthy and are very pretty!
  11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I thought they looked to have a little bit of pygmy because they look more muscled in the back end. . . . just the tiniest bit though, but what do I know! ;) Not much for sure! :)
  12. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    Well ... hmmmm ... let's see ... after much observation, I would say they are definately ... ummmm ... well they are goats !

Hahaha ! Ok, ok ... I'll be serious. NIGERIAN DWARF ! Adorable to !! congrats !!! Jee, I LOVE the black and white one !!!