Two New Goats

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I took the plunge and recently added a new doe and a new buck to my farm. I have been planning to incorporate new blood into my herd. I wasn't exactly planning to start quite yet, but couldn't help myself. ;)

Our new buck is TX Twincreeks FAX Pico Truffle *S *B
    Dam: MCH/PGCH Gay-Mor's JJU Nonpareil 3*D 1*M
    Sire: Twin Creeks WB Shadowfax +*S
    I thought he was just chocolate with a little white, but upon researching his offspring and looking more closely, he's actually a chocolate buckskin! I love buckskins! Pleasant little surprise though it had no affect over my adding him. We got him last weekend.

Our new doe is Piddlin Acres PV Luna
    Dam: Piddlin Acres Blue Moonshadow 2*D 2*M
    Sire: Twin Creeks BW Peaceful Voyage ++*S
    She is chocolate with some white. Picked her up yesterday.

My plan is to breed these two together when she comes back in heat. I can't wait to see the babies from this crossing! All my other does, aside from one junior, are already bred so more PT babies will have to wait till next year.

I've already had a thought for kid names too! The Twilight Saga. :D

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Very nice goats! Congrats! And love the name by the way...I have yet to see New Moon.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Congrats!! I have a twin creeks buck too with the same sire. :D

4. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Big Congrats! :greengrin:
    What I wouldn't give for a Nonnie buck! Lucky you!
    I cant wait to see what he does for your herd!

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thanks!

Yes Ashley, we do have half brothers don't we? Different mom's but still both great bucks. Don't you love how uphill they are? I can't wait to clip in the spring for new photos! Luna was clipped this Fall I think, her coat isn't short, but isn't full either so I may see about some photos of her before it gets much longer.

6. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    Beautiful! Congratulations!!

Be sure though to use your Nonnie son as much as possible in the next few years just in case... we have a Nonnie/Baywatch son who is starting to shoot blanks at only 6 years old. Semen processor said this last week when we took bucks for collection that this will likely be his last year to get anything out of him(only 10% viable sperm left at this time) and it is usually genetics that decide how young a buck shuts down for business. Then a couple days later I hear his litter mate brother is shooting blanks this year as well. We had another buck go sterile at about the same age and I know his sire did the same. Baywatch bred until he was very old so we are thinking if it comes from genetics in this case maybe Nonnie's side.
    Just be sure to use him a lot rather than wait!

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thanks for the heads up. PT is a couple years younger but I will be sure to use him a lot next year. I was planning to anyway. :D

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Really nice! Congrats! :leap: :wahoo:

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats Ashley...both are beautiful goats with awesome pedigree's :thumbup:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A big congrats.. :thumbup: ..very nice.... :love:

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thanks everyone! Luna was bazerk in heat today. Well she's been in heat since I brought her home really. She was glued to the buck fence all day long yesterday so when she about took my arm off to get out of the stall I fed her in, I decided to just let her breed today. She was moaning, groaning and raging. So I put her on lead and she literally drug me up the hill to the buck pen. LOL so I guess we might have some late April kids from her. :) Silly goats.