The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
both does were bred around the same time. but both cycled again so assuming they are due at the later date....
-camanna hs blue morning glory (chocolate with blue eyes) will be a three year old second fresher. i loved her udder so much last year that i kept a buckling(sire dragonfly hlj mustafa) out of her. she is bred to castle rock pinpoint clover(gold) ! who is out of owls clover and by harvest moon. going to be a great cross! (she had triplets last year however the doeling passed away. )

-harley hillside black dahlia(black with blue eyes)is a lovely 2016 model, second time kidding with me but i believe she will have kidded four times. bought her bred last year and she delivered a single doeling last feb. this year bred to above does buckling(chocolate with blue eyes). hoping for twins since its so much easier keeping her udder even.
Dahlia body photos as a yearling. Photo by Harley hillside

Attachments

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
A question here. I see one pretty good udder and one okay udder. How long will you realistically be milking these does?
This is just for information gathering...

·
Registered
931 Posts
I love her udder, the one you can easily see. They are gorgeous girls! Very excited to see your kiddos and 2F udders!

I'm been milking My nigi doe almost a perfect year (End of March) now, she's not as milky as a couple of my other nigis but she puts out over a quart easily daily. She's super easy to milk and keeps very very very well. Just my opinion but it wasn't a necessity that they milk out crazy amounts of milk. All of my nigis are super easy to hand milk, I do wish some of them had better udder attachment but that's the lines I bought on my first go around. My easiest doe to milk is MAYBE 45 pounds, stands like a dream and as a FF was only putting out a quart daily. Super super creamy tasty milk though. I wouldn't trade my nigi's for a full size any day. I love their tiny spunky little packages. @goathiker

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A question here. I see one pretty good udder and one okay udder. How long will you realistically be milking these does?
This is just for information gathering...
Which one are your referring too? I know the black doe I don't have lots of udder photos, she actually scored a V in mammary both times she was LA. She does have a more tucked up udder. I didn't milk her last season she had a single.This year I hope to milk her depending on how many kids she has. I know she doesn't produce as much milk as the brown one. But she is right at 50 pounds
The brown one has a larger udder but I think it's nice. Her dam was 11 last season and her udder stilllooked great. And her dam became CH at 10 yrs. with her last LA at 7 with a E for mammary. The brown one had plenty of milk, she raised triplets and I milked the extra.i think she is more like 65 pounds. Slower line to develop and she will be three this year.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Someday I will afford a milk machine then milk all my does but since I have bad hands I do not milk like lots of others do. I milk to keep milk in the freezer just in case for kids and for making soap.

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
I am just curious as I looked for a buckling once and I actually could never find a herd where the Nigerian does were milked.
Ended up changing my plans lol.

I had an Alpine with the wide teat set and you couldn't milk her 2 handed
The tests were too far apart to aim them both in the bucket

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
both kidded on day 146 in the afternoon. one started at 1pm other started at 3. devided to see how well it works with two does together since they get along so well..chocolate doe kidded big doeling twins, gold/tan and a chocolate buckskin. limited white.

black doe kidded triplets. first one is a doeling (came out without front feet,luckily she was small) other two are bucklings. all three have blue eyes and likely chocolate with varying degree of white spots and frosted points.
so far everyone is doing well. the gold/tan is kind of quiet but drinking well. both moms taking care of kids.
so total 5 :)

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Yay...babies!!! So glad they are here and doing well! Please put pictures up. They sound adorable! We also have a 2020 Kidding Tally..please put pictures there and add to our #s. Thankyou & Congrats!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank you, they are all doing well. i will hopefully put up some photos. having two does together is still working well. both are only allowing their own kids to drink so that works. the black doe though is nice to all the kids even though she normally is my problem doe who rams teenage goats.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts