Two phone calls...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by WarPony, Mar 29, 2010.

1. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I've had this minor but lingering "pressure" head ache for two weeks now. I wonder if goat's tears work for THAT kind of pain?? lol. Anyway, it doesn't hurt BAD it just doesn't seem to want to go away no matter what I do. So I've been a little bummed for the last few days because I just don't feel good.

Well, last night I got a call from the lady i bought the goats from doing a "wellness check" kinda... lol. Just checking in to see if I needed anything, how everything was going, and to set up a day when she could come over to help worm Himself and the Ladies... So I gave her the run down of everything I have done, what I have set up for them, what I am feeding, and what extra stuff i did for poor pitiful Parsley. I'd already wormed them, among everything else. I let her know i would be in touch if i had any issues come up or needed any help, and I also let her know that I had bought some of her soap up at our local corner market.

She was absolutely delighted and said it sounded like I had things well under control. That made me feel pretty good! then she asked me some things about horses, hehe. She told me she was really pleased and was so glad all the goaties had found a good home with me. Man, that really made my day!!

Then today I coated my head in Icy Hot (rubbing it in THROUGH your hair is difficult) because my MIL says Vick's VapoRub helps her head aches. It actually worked but only as long as I kept putting more IcyHot on my head. :-( So I had about 4 hours of no headache before i couldn't stand the feeling of IcyHot in my hair and showered. Headache came back. *sigh*

So I was sitting on the couch moping about my achy head when my dad called. He said, "Hey, my wife was thinking for me today... because we men would never think of anything if a woman didn't think it for us first!!! and she reminded me that I had two rolls of 4 foot tall wire fence. Could you use that stuff for anything?"

I told him I was proud of him for being honest about the whole thing with us women being the ones who do the thinking then about squealed his eardrums out saying YESYESYES I could DEFINITELY use some 4 foot tall wire fence! he said he has two "big rolls" but some brush has grown up through them so he will need help getting it out. I have no clue how much he has but I know where I can use it!!!

So, I still have the head ache but i don't feel as crabby or as bummed out because I got complimented on my goatkeeping (mostly thanks to advice from you guys, lol) AND was offered free fence!

Now I just need posts. and to get rid of this headache.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I get migraines pretty bad that last for days.... and I know this is going to sound REALLY weird - but if you don't smoke cigarettes - get one from someone, take a couple drags off of it, then down as fast as you can the most potent caffiene drink you can get your hands on.... this is what I have to do once in a while. There is something about it that it restricts the blood vessels and gets the ones that are "stuck" and causing the headaches to release..... I know WEIRD!

Also, I have found an over the counter medicine called Mygrex that works great for me. It is an acetaminophen that has caffiene in it.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    oh - one other thing - Chiropractor... amazing people if they are good!!! If I have a headache that I can't kick - I go in with a headache and walk out without one!

4. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I may blow my husband's mind and ask if I can borrow his pipe, lol!

To be honest i think the chiropractor may be what i need to do. I had migraines for years (until my ex left and oddly enough they almost stopped entirely) but this feels more muscle or skeletal related. I think that may be why the IcyHot helped.

5. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Ugh...I suffer from migranes occassionally...and they suck. I get really bad auras with mine too so I basically go partially blind...and I usually lose feeling on one side of my body...so yeah, can't function at all.

Anyway, hope you can do what you need to get feeling better. And it is nice to hear that you impressed the woman you got your goaties from--I bet you are very proud. :) I know I would be!

6. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    That's great about the free fencing and your goaties.

Regarding the headache, here's an exercise that my chiro recommended. I get what I call "suction pain" in my head...feels like my brain is either being sucked inward or outward through a gaping hole in my skull. It started after my liver biopsy and comes back whenever my shoulders slip forward or dislocate. I have a metabolic muscle disorder.

Sit upright on a bench or chair with both feet on the floor. With your left hand, grab ahold of the underside of your seat. Lean to your right until you can feel tension from the pull in your left shoulder. Now with your right hand, grab the left side of your head right above the ear and pull to the right until you can feel the stretching tension in your neck down through your left arm. Stretch for 15 counts then repeat on the reverse side.

I hope it works for you.

Deb Mc

7. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    Just spent an hour at my first ever chiropractor visit... xrays (wow, I had some funky stuff going on), adjustments to several parts of my spine... headache was worse immediately afterward but over the next hour just completely went away. Oh, and the pins and needles feeling in my right arm that I live with all the time.... decreased in intensity by about 15%.

I celebrated by spending some time with the goats and then with the ponies, since I have been hiding in the house trying to make the pain stop.

8. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    So glad to hear you are feeling better! :leap: