Two Pooch Tests

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by firelight27, Mar 24, 2011.

1. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Alrighty, the first is a two year old doe, would be her second kidding. Her pooch seems tiny for a pregnant doe, but then before I bred her she had a very tiny little pointy pooch to begin with. The first breeding date was mid-December...putting her at a little over three months pregnant. The second date would be mid-January, putting her at a little over two months. I saw her get bred the first time as I took her on a date and had the buck cover her a few times two days in a row. The second time I saw some discharge and put her in with the buck for a few days but she didn't seem interested and I didn't see him cover her.

[​IMG]

The next two photos are from my older doe whom I got last month. These photos are about a month apart. She ran with a buck from November to January. She looks like she has expanded a bit, and I think (THINK) I feel a little handful of an udder. The udder I felt on her when I first got her was just a flabby sack of skin, but now I don't think it feels so loose, but my mind could also be playing tricks on me.

This is the photo a month ago:

[​IMG]

Today:

[​IMG]

To me, her pooch looks longer and a bit softer (less wrinkly). I'm really not sure on this girl because I have never had a pregnant doe this old and she has had quads every year since she was a yearling, so her pooch has taken quite a beating. Lol. She will be 8 in two months.

2. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I am no expert but I say yes to both of them.

3. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Thnx for the input. Any more guesses?

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Uhhhhh yes for both, but im still new at the poochy tests lol