The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a few days ago that both of my bucks tails' look... abnormal. They almost look like they are chapped, maybe. They are greyer in color than normal. If I hadn't been told yesterday that frostbite is unlikely I would maybe think it was something related to that. Should I be worried or take any action?
Dog breed Fawn Snout Livestock Terrestrial animal
Primate Fawn Terrestrial animal Whiskers Snout

Also my does seem to be having a different tail issue. They both seem to have scabs on the tips of their tails and one of Bella's seem to have bled a little.
Head Eye Human body Beak Bird
Nobody is acting off, and I am not seeing any other symptoms.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has, but it's gone from warm and dry to cold and wet. I'd say a few weeks ago, though.

I don't have any coconut oil, but I guess I could get some if you thought it was worth it. Bag Balm was my thought for the boys, but I don't currently have any of that either. Vaseline is something I have, any thought on using that?

I really don't know what the deal is with the girls tails. They both have it and it just looks like little brown scabs. Again, they are both acting fine. Maybe just keep an eye on it?

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
I second the coconut oil/tea tree oil suggestion. It does wonders for mysteries of the skin. However, I just use the coconut oil I can get at the grocery store.

Reactions: TCOLVIN
1 - 11 of 11 Posts