Two week old boer doeling suddenly can't stand

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Bonnie Overcash, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Bonnie Overcash

Bonnie Overcash New Member

Feb 18, 2018
    Vet is out on a farm call all day. Can't see her until tomorrow.

2. Bonnie Overcash

Feb 18, 2018
    Just left the Vet. She gave her a shot of multi minerals and splinted her legs. Said to give her another week or so and see how she is. Fully expected to not be bringing her home. Hoping this works for her.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. Bonnie Overcash

Feb 18, 2018
    Thank you. No improvement today. The more reading I do it seems like maybe contracted tendons. She was good until 2 was of age so that has me puzzled. She is healthy except for her legs. Hoping we see some signs of improvement over the next few days.

5. Mama bear 92685

Mama bear 92685 New Member

Feb 19, 2021
    South dakota
    I’m in the same boat. Mine went limp in back legs at 3 weeks old. We have also tried many things to no avail. Curious if you find something that works. Not sure how much longer husband will let me keep her in the house. We are going on 10 days with little improvement. We tried the bose and I also tried multimin for the copper portion. But hadn’t seemed to help.

6. Bonnie Overcash

Feb 18, 2018
    I wish I did have a great idea or answer for you. It is heartbreaking. Vet gave ours a shot of multi min and she is showing signs of improvement. She still wants to walk on her front knees but back lets are working better. Vet said it could take up to a couple weeks to see full improvement potential from multi min. I sure hope yours improves.

toth boer goats likes this.