The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you. No improvement today. The more reading I do it seems like maybe contracted tendons. She was good until 2 was of age so that has me puzzled. She is healthy except for her legs. Hoping we see some signs of improvement over the next few days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m in the same boat. Mine went limp in back legs at 3 weeks old. We have also tried many things to no avail. Curious if you find something that works. Not sure how much longer husband will let me keep her in the house. We are going on 10 days with little improvement. We tried the bose and I also tried multimin for the copper portion. But hadn’t seemed to help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I wish I did have a great idea or answer for you. It is heartbreaking. Vet gave ours a shot of multi min and she is showing signs of improvement. She still wants to walk on her front knees but back lets are working better. Vet said it could take up to a couple weeks to see full improvement potential from multi min. I sure hope yours improves.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I just wanted to say that my goat is showing improvement finally. It's been about two weeks since she went down. It's been a week since the multi min shot and I have been doing daily vitamin e capsules. But she is using back legs more can take a few steps on her own. Will see how things keep progressing.
I am really happy to hear she is doing better. Our doeling is also getting stronger each day. She can get up on all 4 legs now by herself and is eating good. She has some contracted tendons so now we will work on splints and hoping to see continued improvement. She is really small compared to the others. She was born 2/3 and at 22 days only weighed 11 lbs. She sure has an appetite though! Hoping your little one continues to improve!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts