The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere not long ago that you could give a children's liquid pain reliever to work - and now that I need it, I can not find it.

A friend of a friend's goat got attacked by a dog - - - - and did not take it to the vet when it happened. It is bad off I guess.

I gave them the name of my vet - and said I would find the dosage for medication and let them know.

Anyone - if you remember what type of children's pain reliever and the dosage - PLEASE post it here.

Thanks
Allison

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Asprin (Adult), is fine.. It does not have to be the childs. I gave my beloved Liz, 13 twice a day for weeks.
If the goat was attacked. She needs to shave that bite areas to see how bad the wounds really ar, then she needs to use a Betadine/warm water/ and liquid dish soap. Make the mixture a light to med tea color with some suds. Wash the area really well three times a day. He needs to be given some Nutra Drench. Make sure he is eating and drinking. Give Probias if needed, or yogurt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the info. This poor goat has been seen by the vet twice, but unfortunately we don't have a good "goat" vet in the area. The goat was attacked on his head and neck by a dog. The vet sewed the ear back on, but there just isn't enough blood supply intact to get the ear to heal. So we will be removing it on Monday.

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I am sorry about that. How is the4 goat doing? Make sure you are watching him for stress.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts