Tylenol/ibuprophen ??

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by kelebek, Nov 24, 2007.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I read somewhere not long ago that you could give a children's liquid pain reliever to work - and now that I need it, I can not find it.

A friend of a friend's goat got attacked by a dog - - - - and did not take it to the vet when it happened. It is bad off I guess.

I gave them the name of my vet - and said I would find the dosage for medication and let them know.

Anyone - if you remember what type of children's pain reliever and the dosage - PLEASE post it here.

Thanks
    Allison

2. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i have no idea. i do know that you should not give tylanol to dogs. i always use banimine

3. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    baby asprin same dose as for a childs weight.
    Not possitive, but that is what my little brain says.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Asprin is ok, Tylenol and I *think* ibuprofen should NOT be given to animals at all, it liquifies their livers.
    Good luck with your friends doe.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Asprin, use the children's kind 81mg

If it is a large breed adult they can have adult asprin

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Asprin (Adult), is fine.. It does not have to be the childs. I gave my beloved Liz, 13 twice a day for weeks.
    If the goat was attacked. She needs to shave that bite areas to see how bad the wounds really ar, then she needs to use a Betadine/warm water/ and liquid dish soap. Make the mixture a light to med tea color with some suds. Wash the area really well three times a day. He needs to be given some Nutra Drench. Make sure he is eating and drinking. Give Probias if needed, or yogurt.

7. goatstafson

goatstafson New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Thanks for the info. This poor goat has been seen by the vet twice, but unfortunately we don't have a good "goat" vet in the area. The goat was attacked on his head and neck by a dog. The vet sewed the ear back on, but there just isn't enough blood supply intact to get the ear to heal. So we will be removing it on Monday.

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sorry,

I thought that goat had not been to the vet - my bad!

Sorry bout that!

9. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Man, that's bad. I hope he makes it through all this stress. Alot of goats couldn't. Best wishes to your friend.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am sorry about that. How is the4 goat doing? Make sure you are watching him for stress.

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm sorry to hear about that, prayers for your guy.