Udder and Doeling Confirmation Evaluation Please:)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Goat Crazy, May 20, 2010.

1. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I hope you guy's & gals aren't sick of these evaluations. I am going to be showing these 2 this weekend, but I though I would ask and see what you think about them. I am still learning, but I think I know what could use some improving and I would like to see if I'm right :wink:

These are 2 different does I try to get the older one to pose, but she wasn't working with me very well for pictures tonight.

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The doeling looks good to me, nice sharp withers with a smooth blending on a straight topline...I like her long neck too.
    The freshened does udder looks good with teat placement,fore udder could be further extended and a higher wider rear would be a plus.

3. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    That's about what I came up with :) The doeling's dam is six years old and is on her 4 or 5th kidding;her topline is still nice and level. She is the spiting image of her dam and I am hoping her udder will be improved one!:)

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    junior doe looks nice -- could use more length of body but that could come as she continues to grow.

I would like to see a higher rear udder -- is she full in those pictures?

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    attachments all around are needed on that udder, higher rear, more extended fore

6. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Here are a couple of pictures from this weekends show. The doeling placed 5th and 3rd. The doe placed 2nd. and 1st.

Her udder was 9.5 hours full. I know she could use a larger udder especially for her size.

Attached Files: