The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm still super new at all this and it feels like a silly question - what kind of lotion/balm do you use for your goats udders? And when do you apply it? I notice that the skin on the udders sometimes seems dry and I'd love to help my girls out.

Like the udder balm they sell at the feed store - is that actually for udders? When I read the packaging (or the info and reviews online) it always seems like it's for people and not actually for udders!

· Registered
3,953 Posts
I really like Fiebing's Udder Balm (that's probably the one you saw in the feed store). It works well for dry-ish udders and it smells nice and isn't greasy so I don't mind getting it on my hands. For really chapped udders I prefer to use Bag Balm, but I always use a disposable glove when I apply it because it's very messy.

· Registered
Goat Slave
3,743 Posts
We've used bag balm and it does nice things for udders. But I found Dynamint and LOVE that. The ingredients are great and it smells divine and goes on so smooth. Plus it helps with any congestion issues too. We shave our udders just before kidding and try to keep them shaved as time goes on. Makes cleaning easier, less hair in the pail, and being able to apply creams and such easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.