The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally posted this in the conformation area but didn't get much response...

This is my first freshener after 3 weeks fresh and a 12 hour fill. I think she has a nice bag but I would like to see what you guys think. I plan on showing her this year and want to be prepared. She has been giving a half gallon a day.

Redmuttranch.weebly.com

Attachments

·
2,203 Posts
Love the fore attachments, welded tight to the body. Teats look good to me. Hanging nice, centered. Rear udder bloom from the side looks great, nice shape. Could be a little wider in the rear attachment but overall super nice udder. I'd be proud.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
She seems to have a decent msl, teats look placed well, nice and high up in the back. For a 12 hr fill I don't see much in the foreudder so it's a little hard to see how it's blended once it fills. Looking from the side the rear third looks good, but that front 3rd (foreudder) doesn't look nearly as full. However, she is only 3 weeks fresh and a first freshner so that very will would improve.

·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! Overall I love this goat and am very pleased with her udder so far and am super happy you guys think it is nice too. Makes me feel confident in showing her. Thank you so much for the input!

Redmuttranch.weebly.com

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice, especially for a FF, assuming she's not a two year old or anything. The foreudder will fill better as you milk her.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Weak -

Forudder bothers me a bit. Not smooth
Teats are a teensy bit off.
Looks a little lopsided.

Strong -

Capacity
Back attatchments
Teat size

1 - 8 of 8 Posts