Udder critiques!

Discussion in 'Goat Conformation' started by Kbarson, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Kbarson

Kbarson Member

Jul 26, 2016
    First and second pic is a first freshener (Ava), The second pic is a 7 hour fill for her. third and forth is a second freshener (Andy)! IMG_1090.jpg IMG_2314.jpg IMG_1864.jpg IMG_1054.jpg

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  2. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    I’m just developing my eye for conformation and udders, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Ava looks like she has a strong medial and well centered teats. They look like they’re a good size and easy to hand milk. Looks like a good attachment. Could use a higher, more rounded eustation.

Andy also looks like she has nice, milkable teats, but they’re not as nicely centered as Ava’s and her medial is not as strong. Her eustation looks round with good attachments.

Feel free to correct anything if I’m off basis.

3. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
  4. Morning Star Farm

Morning Star Farm Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2018
    I agree, side pictures are needed for a complete idea.
    I like Andy's udder better than Ava's from the rear. Andy's medial is not as prominent in those photos, but she's also clipped and it might be the light. Her udder is much more snugly attached all around though and she has more capacity. Her teats are pretty nice, yes they could be more centered, but they're pointing forward not out to the side. They're only 4 points on the scorecard so not a huge deal as long as they're easy to milk. Ava's udder lacks width in the rear, especially area of attachment. In the first picture, her udder almost looks too big for her. Fore udder pictures will show more though.

Sfgwife likes this.