The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...my Saanen is due the second week of April and her udder started to fill last week. It's not full full but it's most definitely filling (teats are full like they were when I was miking her) This is her third freshening but the first one with me so I don't know what her "normal" is when pregnant. Her first heat was October 19 & 20, I put her in with the buck. November 12 she came back into heat and was hand bred. I had to back her up to the deck so the buck could reach (young buck) She hasn't come back into heat.
I have 4 other does bred, 2 are due the first week of April, one is due the second week of April and one is due in March. None of them are starting to fill. Two are second fresheners and when the FF they started to bag up 6 to 8-ish weeks prior to kidding. Both of them are Spanish Cashmere does.
Obviously I'm checking her twice a day to monitor any other changes in case she caught on the first breeding...which I'm seriously starting to wonder about...
Anyone what to place bets?

15,518 Posts
Do you have pictures? We have some Boer does that tend to fill early on. We have one now, 4th pregnancy due in 3 weeks that looks like she should be due sooner - she gets a massive udder.
But now I am really curious about the possibility she took the first time vs 2nd heat, but in my experience it was always the 2nd heat since it was a month later. I'm definitely curious about that.
Otherwise... it may just be normal for her to start filling early.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I'd definitely at least prepare for kidding earlier than april. my doe is due in april and still has itty bitty teats!! 😂 of course all does are different though
That's what I'm planning now sigh
I checked the other girls and no one has the hint of an udder. Baby bellies, yes but no udders

1 - 10 of 10 Posts