The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new boer doe a few months ago and she had just weaned her kids and they had already been sold a few days before i had gotten her. its been about 2-3 months since she weaned and she still hasn't dried up right. usually my does will dry up perfect after they wean their kids and you can barely tell they even had kids, but those produce very little milk and have been under 4 years old so maybe thats why. I've never had boers so im not sure how long it takes them to dry up or what it's supposed to look like. Im not sure on her age but she looks about 4-7. Do yall think she could have mastitis or something like that? It's not hard but its squishy and meaty kinda at the bottom and stretched out? Is that normal? I've just read a lot of mastitis threads and i just want to make sure she doesn't have it. I might just be worrying too much.

I typed this entire thing just because i thought i had a pic and it was kinda worrying me about her but now i found out i deleted the pic so ill post a new one tomorrow probably.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the pic! :D its a few weeks old but her bag looks pretty much the same. Ill still try to get better ones tomorrow though if it will help.

·
Super Moderator
58,223 Posts
I would milk out that bigger teat and see what you get. It may just be milk that is not absorbing but you are better off to be safe than sorry. And I would just totally milk it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts