The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed these lumps tonight. She came in by herself ahead of the group… not sure how long she’d been w/o her kids.
Is it possible ducts are just a little clogged? I was able to squirt out some milk, her udder isn’t hot or hard. Skin moves across the bumps. I’ve never seen bumps on any of the udders before- even my nanny that had mastitis while pregnant didn’t have lumps/bumps… just one really big side 😓
These bumps are on both sides of udder, right near teats.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Gesture Fawn Livestock Snout Human leg

Gesture Finger Soil Nail Thumb

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m gonna have to walk out and feel them again. My goats aren’t Miller’s so they hate when I mess with their udders at all. I had to pull her hind leg back and hold with my legs while I got the pictures. They are fairly firm… haven’t checked this morning to see if any change. I’ll report back.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, the ones from yesterday seem to be slightly reduced, smaller/harder and on the skin.
There seems to be a cpl new ones this morning that are softer tho.
I’m going to text the picture in to my vet clinic and see if they have a concern or not.
No oozing, no heat, no discomfort that I can tell (other than general annoyance that I’m messing with her).

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is she milking out? I would involve a vet…
I only tried a cpl squirts and milk came easily.
I did send in the pictures via text but haven’t heard back. Maybe I’d better send them to my dad and have him forward them since he has the vets cell phone instead of just the office #… they might not be doing the text thing now that you don’t have to wait outside and text to check in for Covid.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The vets office replied and our vet we normally use is off until Monday. They said they’d see if any of the other dr’s knew what was going on, but no reply yet.
I know the one that’s off grew up with a lot of goats around so he’s at least fairly familiar with them… of course he’s off with my luck 😓
I’ve been gone all afternoon but will have to see how she looks tonight.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope you find answers.

Maybe ants, spider bites?
I was wondering if perhaps bee stings… I had a hive tipped back off the pallet this week. The horses are in that pasture currently and I saw one of the geldings bucking and running so was assuming he’d been the one to upset it and they’d been after him.
However, the hives are in rocks and the goats would be more apt to want to go in to eat the brush.
I have not noticed any additional lumps/swelling on any other goats.
Our vet replied to the pic and said there is something other than CL that can cause ruptured lymph nodes. He said to text him Monday afternoon when he’s in the office cus he couldn’t remember what the disease was… but there’s no swelling up by neck/jaw at all.
So now I’m sitting here stressing over if I got CL in the herd and will forever have it on the property now 😓
I’ll probably take in a blood sample next week to have him test for whatever the disease he’s thinking as well as everything else. Lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was wondering if perhaps bee stings… I had a hive tipped back off the pallet this week. The horses are in that pasture currently and I saw one of the geldings bucking and running so was assuming he’d been the one to upset it and they’d been after him.
However, the hives are in rocks and the goats would be more apt to want to go in to eat the brush.
I have not noticed any additional lumps/swelling on any other goats.
Our vet replied to the pic and said there is something other than CL that can cause ruptured lymph nodes. He said to text him Monday afternoon when he’s in the office cus he couldn’t remember what the disease was… but there’s no swelling up by neck/jaw at all.
So now I’m sitting here stressing over if I got CL in the herd and will forever have it on the property now
I’ll probably take in a blood sample next week to have him test for whatever the disease he’s thinking as well as everything else. Lol
I’m praying that she will be good and I hope it’s not CL and we are with you and so is god so keep your head high you got this

1 - 16 of 16 Posts