The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Rusty
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning I am watching a group of pregnant does that I took from a friend of mine that has met with hard times and couldn't care for them, and I also took one doe from him...pretty little thing about maybe 7 months old. Definitely exposed in the pasture to the buck that bred all the others, but he felt like she was in heat and not bred yet. Was checking them all over this morning because not sure of bred dates, but heavy bred when I see pretty girl curled up in the corner with a half full udder and she doesn't even look pregnant. Could this be a precocious udder? It is bagging both sides and I know that was not the case about one week ago. Vulva does look a little puffy and she is not currently with a buck.

· Rusty
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks- she isn't a real big girl, the others are obviously about to go soon, but she really isn't showing much. I was very surprised to see that udder this morning. If she is already bagging could it be that she is getting close? Not shiny or anything but just obviously filling

· Rusty
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again, thanks- she has never been bred - this will be her first. Checked this morning and not any bigger than yesterday- so hopefully this is just going to be a good little udder on a first time mommy- and hopefully two months off- because she is only about 8 months old and really shouldn't have been around the buck anyway, but that would give her a couple of months for me to get her boosted and also to grow a little more

· Registered
8,603 Posts
Can you get a pooch pic? May be able to tell if she is pregnant or not :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.