Udder pic

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lissablack, Dec 11, 2010.

1. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I took a picture of Madame's udder the other night, just because. She is bred now, so I just took her to once a day milking. After this pic she had 2 pounds, nine ounces of milk. That turns out to be full for her, but not terrible. She isn't dropping production as much as I expected.

[​IMG]

This is a picture from 2009, but I don't know exactly when:
    [​IMG]

She will be four next March, and has kidded three times. She is a Kinder goat. Over four pounds a day is considered decent for a kinder, and of course this late they would all be making less. At twice a day she was making about 3.5 pounds. I am interested in hearing what people have to say.

Jan

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Kinder= Pygmy/Nubian? Looks like she has nice sized teats...nice medial too... she could benefit from a higher wider rear attachment but I'd say that her production is good. Thats just over a quart a day right? I had a pygmy doe that gave 6 cups a day at peak..Madame seems to be holding her own quite well.

3. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks, it is in a once a day milking, and of course late in the cycle. I think she was doing a half gallon at peak, maybe 5 pounds. I was sharing with her kids, though, so I'm not sure. Thanks for the comments. I agree with you, I'm happy she hasn't gotten worse over time yet, she even looks a little better this year I think. Odd. Yes, pygmy/nubian. I'm pretty happy with most of my kinders, but she has kidded more than the rest. I'm concerned about balance, you can breed kinders who make a gallon a day, there have been a few, but they aren't all purpose goats anymore. She is producing more than I expected right now.

Thank you for commenting.

Jan