The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea what these are.. Please help!!
I was massaging phoebes udder because it's been dry & funny feeling. I felt a bump & accidentally squeezed it.. Not a big bump but a bump on the inside of the skin kind of like a black head.
But what came out looked like a pimple. I got pictures cause she has more.
What is it??

Attachments

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Looks like a giant ant bite to me...they always drive me nuts cause the does get all jumpy on the stand. I would disinfect it, pop it, and clean/disinfect again.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gosh I hope it's just an ant bite......

I'm talkin about all those little bumps.
I dot see a big one? Where is it?
Thank you for your replies! If you find it, let me know please!!!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I found a thread but it didn't have pics and it said neosporin was the treatment. Neosporin is probably what I'd do if it was an ant bite too.

But hopefully someone experienced will chime in. Honestly, I have no clue. I'll keep looking for the thread that had pics. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I think it's goat pox. But i do know that goats can also get cow pox. Most animals can get cow pox including humans. If it is cow pox you could sell her for big money to preppers to use for small pox vaccinations. I dont know if goat pox works too but it might.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you!! Ill clean her up:)

I don't think it's ingrown hairs. Hmm idk.
I know when I get an ingrown hair (get them a lot) we put castoe oil on it. It draws out the stuff.
Should I put that on her?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it's goat pox. But i do know that goats can also get cow pox. Most animals can get cow pox including humans. If it is cow pox you could sell her for big money to preppers to use for small pox vaccinations. I dont know if goat pox works too but it might.
What is cow/goat pox..?
I don't really want to sell her.. Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts