Udder Shot (what do you think?)

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by NubianLover, Oct 30, 2010.

1. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    So I am possibly interested in this doe. I have purchased 1/2 of my goats from this farm and really like them. Anyways, I am looking at another one from there and this is the udder shot she sent me.
    [​IMG]

Here is a photo of the doe. Horrible photos, may need to go see her (those are her kids in this photo. The one is for sale as well)
    [​IMG]

Thanks for any input

2. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    NUBIANS!!! SQUEAL! :D

The teats seem a little small, so does the bag. FF? She looks young. Are Full grown Nubians small??? She looks great though, so do the babies **coos*

3. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    I am a nubian addict :greengrin: I don't know what I would do without them!!!

Anways, she is only 2 years old. I believe this is only her first freshening.

4. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    I don't think so. Mine are fairly nice sized, weigh about 125 or so. I should tape them for height. I have one that is taller than my other 2 does. My others are still only kids, so not fully done growing.

5. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Not the best udder. She could use a lot more width in the escutcheon. And if you milk by hand...have fun, because those teats are tiny! The teats are also placed more towards the legs. Her medial could also be stronger. I can't really tell much more than that, as she is not very full and is unclipped. The foreudder is not very visible in the side profile pic.

And no...Nubians are not supposed to be small. Flicka, my three year old, weighs 180lbs. according to the tape.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It could have a lot to do with what they are feeding her and her health, but even with two kids, her udder should have more capacity. It could look different once it's filled and clipped, but from that photo I don't really see anything that i'm liking.

7. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Thank you for your input! I told her I would have to think about it. I am debating just waiting until next spring and see if I should retain and of my doe kids instead....