The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have doe…..one of three that i milk, she kidded this year in february, everything was fine she had three boys which took its toll on her and she did become really skinny, the kids were removed and I've been milking her normally ever since. i milk twice a day. she did have a case of worms as well but that has since been cleared up and she is putting on weight again.

But last year she had two very nice sized udders and produced a lot of milk this year she has one nice sized and the other has shrunk and is very small, still produces milk, is not inflamed or saw just seems to have shrunk. any ideas on how to bring it back to size???

·
Super Moderator
59,931 Posts
They only have one udder with 2 sides. I'm assuming one side of the udder has or is drying up? Have you checked for mastitis? Are you sure the worms are cleared up? Have you done a fecal to include coccidia?

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
if her kids favored one side over the other..this can cause a lopsided udder...if you dont need the milk right now..dry her other side off and try fresh next season..if you see the babies favoring one side...milk the other to keep it even..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts