The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm such an idiot. I ordered all my goat supplies later than I had wanted too and I'm going to get her TONIGHT! I have to milk her tomorrow morning first thing and I just realized I have no udder wash or post-dip for her!
What's the best thing to use for now? I don't think my stuff will get here until Thursday or Friday. I ordered the udder wash from Hoeggers but didn't get any post-dip yet. I was going to go to our local vet office to try and find some but they are closed already for the day.
Suggestions please for an udder wash and post-dip til mine comes......
Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
For a wash I use baby wipes, my does are bedded into clean stalls at night and only have errant shavings stuck on them at times, if very dirty I use a warm water wash with antibacterial soap and a soft washcloth... a dip can be made with a dilute iodine solution. I don't use a teat dip though.

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
about 1 cup White Vinegar and i gallon water ..cleans, sanatizes and conditions the udder to keep it from cracking :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I have most of those common items, so i'll have to make do until Friday-
do you use the same thing for post-dipping as you do washing??

Tomorrow morning will be interesting! The lady I got her from Didn't wean the doeling like she said she was going to so she's out there crying right now. The doeling was MORE than old enough to be weaned, I guess she just couldn't handle seperating them (emotionally). I feel bad for her. But at least she has the 2 wethers that she was with too so they will have to become Surro kids for her....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts