Uh oh, Lyric may be in labor!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Crissa, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    And I don't know her due date! Orion got out so many times at the old place that I'm not sure if she should be due now or not, it is possible so hopefully I'll be lucky and they'll make it, but it's freezing out there (quite literally) so I'm going to be spending the night out there (not in the barn, in the house) I'll be periodically checking on her. Finale had managed to get pregnant by Orion when he got out and aborted two kids last night, not sure why she aborted, but they were a couple weeks too early. I'm hoping this isn't the case with Lyric as this is my last chance for kids out of Orion. So please pray for healthy kids, or for Lyric to just be in a false labor or something.

The only sign right now is that she has no ligaments, but since it's so cold outside and with a sheep having had a baby earlier today I'm not going to chance it. I'll let you know how it goes when I come back home tomorrow.

Is there anyone I can maybe text if something goes wrong and I need help?

2. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    I hope everything goes well and you get healthy babies and mama!

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Hope everything goes well! I'd PM you my number but I'll be in school all day...So I wouldn't be much help.

Praying for 2 healthy babies! :kidred: :kidred:

4. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

Keep us up-dated! I love the name Lyric--may need to put that down on my list for kid names :)

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Hope everything goes okay, you have my number don't you?

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Hope everything goes ok...I sent you my number.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I think this is first time that I am GLAD that the goat didn't have the baby! It was sooooo cold last night. I swore I felt hooves in the birth canal at one point but I could have been wrong, she was fine this morning, no discharge, just looked at me like I was insane. :roll:

Thanks so much everyone, I'll keep you updated on how she's progressing.

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Was she trying to push at all?

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Those were probably the hip bones. And there is some other funky junk in there that can feel like hooves, but once you've really felt hooves you will know the difference.

11. Crissa, I understand. I am waiting on some does and am kinda glad myself they are holding off.

12. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Lyric had triplets. 2 does and a buck. None of them made it. :tears: They looked full term, but I don't know for sure. I wasn't there for it at all so I have no idea if they were still born or not, they had their eyes open some if that makes a difference. This is really upsetting, one doe looked a lot like Lyric, the buck was black with rust colored spots, and the last girl was EXACTLY what I have been wanting, black with the rust colored spots, a white poll, and frosting. I finally get the goat of my dreams and she would have even been out of my favorite goats and she dies. I guess I'll have to try again next year. :sigh:

13. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Oh Crissa I'm so sorry.... :hug:

14. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
  15. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I am so very sorry Crissa. :( :hug:

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh Crissa ...I am so sorry..... :( :hug:

17. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh how terrible. hows lyric doing? :( :hug:

18. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
  19. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :hug: Aww, Crissa I am so sorry. How is Lyric doing? I know how upset you are, please know that we are here for you.

20. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I am sooo sorry Crissa! :(