Uhhgg....may I vent???

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by KW Farms, Jul 4, 2009.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Went out this morning to feed the goats and put them out in the pasture. Come to find out a neighbor's cattle got out broke my fence down, ate my hay in the goat pasture, ate on my hay stack, got into my grain, scarred the crap out of my goats, and pooped and made hoof prints all over in the goat pen!! And the biggest problem is the cows pooped all over and they are VERY wormy, they have big bloated bellies and haven't grown since they were weaned! So now I have to deal with worm eggs out in the pasture! I am sooooo frustrated!! Luckily the goats weren't in the pen the cows got into. The neighbor is a somewhat "friend" of our family and hasn't called to appologize or anything. This has happened several times and I am just so sick of it!! The guy is not responsible at all for his livestock! When I went out there this morning the KIND, RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE neighbors told me what happened and had gotten the cows out of my pen before I got there, I am glad I have some really nice neighbors. Unfortunately the guy with the cows won't be able to pay for damages or anything, they are very poor. Oh...these are also the relatives of the neighbor's whose dog killed my doe, Delight! As you can see they are not responsible! Uhhhggg, thanks for letting me vent guys...I feel a little better. Oh, and is there anything I can do with the cow poop out in the field? Maybe spray it with something? or ?? I just hope my goats all don't get worms from this! :veryangry:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it may not be an easy task but I would remove the poop from the field as much as possible. Thats your best bet for not spreading the worms.

So sorry you have some irrisponsible neighbors :(

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is horrible... :( ...I agree with Stacey... remove the poo as much as possible.. :hug:

If it were me ...I would call animal control ...if it happens again...have them witness them being in your pasture... they will get onto them and encourage them... to keep there cattle in there own field.....
    Sounds like it won't stop...til you put your foot down...

they could sell some cattle....to pay for damages... :wink: :hug:

MAybe see if ...they would put up a hot line to keep the cattle away from they fence..
    good luck :hug:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Thanks guys. :hug: I was thinking about going out there with a shovel and bucket and get as much as I can, it's just terrible cause it is VERY "splatty" poop and all over, they were out on our alfalfa field last night as well so i'm guessing that gave them an upset stomach which made their poop even runnier. Ewwww...

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, that is so nasty. I would try to get rid of as much as possible. Not a fun job though. I don't know about where you are but around here it is pretty easy to get the county on people like that. But not sure if it's the same where you're at.