Uhm... so hai new lil guy!

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Sfgwife, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    FD476A2E-1D05-4C27-89E9-47CBF66F0440.jpeg 72C8CA5C-D1BD-4EC5-ABB0-03675731199C.jpeg 7900EC3B-61A3-4E4F-8D60-A3C6C1E2D1B0.jpeg Bess was not supposed to be bred. And when i asked the prev owner a few months ago because i thought her udder was not quite so flat he said no way no how no bulls there. And he said def breeding through a fence can never happen too cause i asked if neighbor had a bull. I was crazy for askin this last to him but we know better. Guess they missed a bean in a banding?!?!?!!!

.... anyhoo. Today we had just gotten home from pickin up G for our first sleepover and we hear a cow bellerin in the woods. So paul and g go to check it out. Next thing i hear is.... a calf Bess has a calf... and up comes paul to handover g so he can go get a better look. Brand new still wet calf on the ground and Bess bein a great maman cleaning him.

I was wicked mad because there are things that would have been instead of this mess. We moved them to a smaller area to bond but now she is not wantin to let him nurse. We did see him nurse a few good times before we moved them so he did get some colostrum in his tum this evening. We will just keep watching them tomorrow and somehow pen her still if we need to. The guys were going to start our coral next week! Had we known THIS was happening we would have made sure to have it done. i had quit lookin at all at her udder because no way she could be bred right? Grrrrrrr. And we just thought her gettin chunky was a happy rumen.

I gave him BoSe and vit b complex and vit e capsule bust open. He has teeth so not a preemie. And he weighs about 35 pounds which is a good weigh for a dexter calf.

2. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Congratulations...never knew cattle could have.immaculant conception!:heehee: whatever the cause...Hes a keeper!

3. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

I know right?!?!!

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  4. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    What a cute little monkey wrench in your plans!! Glad mama did well. Hopefully she will reconnect with him by morning.
    Congratulations

5. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    On the bright side- at least she cleaned him off! Congratulations on the calf!

6. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    She cleaned hm AND let him nurse several times before we moved them. :/. And she is calling to him as well and stayin very close to him. So hopefully she will get over the moving jitterss soon.

7. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

Hahah so true a monkey wrench! We JUST bought and had shipped ten straws for AI for her. We were just waitin for the weather to cool off some to have it done.

8. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Awwww! What a cute little surprise! Congratulations. Bess is probably tender she's got good mothering instincts so I'll bet she comes around. How was your sleep over with little G? Did you get any sleep? lol ;)

9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

10. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    bess is being a great mama now that she settled down. He has a full tum and each teat works just fine. Yay for sweet suprises.

0D852F5A-4C1E-479F-BB1E-CAACB56B9FB7.jpeg 30BCDF8B-2926-4FF9-AE1F-7CC88788C5F5.jpeg 918239D8-E535-4685-B84C-04F1D154AB51.jpeg A6021E92-B6AD-4480-B875-9C2CDAB471A2.jpeg D8230A5E-2AC1-4B45-92C7-EAD8AE155C7A.jpeg 5E7FE55A-0257-491C-86F4-E3D4995058D0.jpeg

11. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    we did get sleeps! Well paul did. I was pretty hurty and could not get comfortable anywhere. I finlly knocked out about six to nine this mornin.

12. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Oh.....hes a Beauty. So happy for you guys! Not every day you get a FREE calf!

GoofyGoat and Sfgwife like this.
  13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  14. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    He is precious!!! Congrats! What a wonderful surprise!

Sfgwife and Moers kiko boars like this.
  15. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Tonight he had the zoomies i LOVE watchin calf zoomies.

SalteyLove, GoofyGoat and Iluvlilly! like this.
  16. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Awww Hes a cutie! Love it when those tails go up! The moves are on!! Lol. Thanks for shareing! He is awesome!

17. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    He was just FULL of himself tonight! After we did up the hill chores... where he and his mama are. He started the zoomies again. Up and down the fence line. Then all done and crash. Lol.

18. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    He’s is adorable!! How is yalls grass so green! Everything is so dry and crispy and dead here

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  19. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

SO much rain! Ugh! The weather here this year has been terrible! Hot to cold and dry to wet muddy messes and let us not forget the humid.

20. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California