The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Lookit what i did this mornin!!!! Paul is gonna put me a real stanchion head on it because the head gate is just a bit tricky for me to do meselfs. Dozer had just nursed and i got a pint of milk. Not much but i am happy with it for our first try! For a ff dexter with no separation my pt of milk is just fine with me! Bess was great! She lead following the food bucket. She went through the gate once but i got her in the second time. I did tie her leg but she only tried kick once. No one got hurt or died. So it was a win! Paul did come out in case i needed help but he mostly just watched and waited patiently for Bess and i to figure it out. I do love him!

Then the last pic.... the running joke round here is that it must have big teats if i want the men to help me milk. So the text pic is from our daughter sarah. Hahahaha.

Hand Drinkware Liquid Mason jar Fluid
Plant Wheel Tree Working animal Grass
Product Font Screenshot Hat Advertising

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
dozer and I shared milkin duties this mornin. He got half and i got half. Then i got to rub all over his cutie lil self. WIN! Last night was the first night of separating. Lossa bellerin goin on at the hillsite. Maybe i should deliver a dozen eggs, ear plugs and a sorry note to the neighbors? Lol.
Eye Working animal Terrestrial animal Grass Natural material
Liquid Bottle Plant Food Fluid

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,709 Posts
Ohhh..hes a doll baby. And look at you.lovin all over that boy! Thats too neat. Glad all is doing well.

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,709 Posts
Enjoy it while it lasts. I love watching those little guys go zoom zoom.zooom.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Bess was impatiently waitin for breaky. And the handsome Dozer. He is such a hoot! In the evenings about five he starts to play with her. They will be runnin and jumpin around all of that three acre pasture. The other night he enlisted one of the lgd iin his play. I started to go out to scold the dog but as i neared i saw that it was Dozer instigating the play. It was so amazing to watch the two play. The dog never chased he would jump up, stomp, turn around and plop back down waitin for Dozer to make the bum rush. Hahahaha. It was adorable.

Vertebrate Fence Mammal Working animal Wire fencing
Eye Plant Working animal Sheep Bull

21 - 39 of 39 Posts