The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
i would caturize (sp) it with a disbuder, if you don't have one I would put blood stop powder on it, I've heard cuyan pepper will stop the blood but have never used it personally.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I didn't try the pepper...instead I put vinegar water on it. She didn't like that...lol

She is grinding her teeth a lot...and she seems kinda..spaced out...

·
Registered
386 Posts
She is grinding her teeth a lot...and she seems kinda..spaced out...
If she hit her head hard enough to knock the scur off. She probably has a head ache. You can give her some aspirin to help with the pain. Blue-kote or some other type of disinfected spray will help keep flies away and heal faster. Hope she is feeling better soon. Shelly

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
we also use baking soda to stop blood. When I worked in the veterinary clinics, that is what we would tell clients that would call that had a toe nail bleeding to use.

Also, if you are close to a vet clinic, ask them for Silver Nitrate sticks, it will cauterize the wound...:)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had something similar happen to one of ours. The vet said to give her a gram of butte (I have horses) and he gave us some yellow antibiotic spray for it. The butte really helped. We gave it to her once a day for three days. Poor girl!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I truly do not understand the pepper suggestions, either cayanne or black. How would that feel? Sorry, I just don't understand, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelers, but can someone explain why pepper?

And vet said to use a horse dose on the goat since it has to go throygh the rumen. (horse 1 gram, goat one gram, goat weighed about 120 lbs.)

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,120 Posts
pepper coagulates blood. I tried the flour thing and it didn't work. Pepper of either kind works good. I haven't had any problems with the goats showing signs of pain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts