Un-Cheese Party for Morning Land Dairy

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Oat Bucket Farm, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Oat Bucket Farm

Oat Bucket Farm New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    I don't know if you are aware of what has been happening to Morning Land Dairy in MO. Here is a link to the blog

http://morninglanddairy.webs.com/apps/blog/

Emily at Ozark Jewels goats is a friend of mine and her family runs Morning Land Dairy. Alot of us on the homesteading forum Homesteading Today know Emily personally. As you can see by the blog, despite that fact that their barn,milk barn and cheese making room and all equipment came up clean in FDA tests, MLD is still being ordered to destroy six months worth of cheese even though they are willing to test each batch before it leaves. MLD besides being run by the Dixon family also has employees and through those employees they support nine families. However due to losses created by this FDA raw milk witch hunt and now with having to destroy half a years worth of work, Morning Land Dairy may not stay afloat.

So we (meaning all of MLD's friends) are starting a cyber uncheese party. We are asking those that would like to join our un cheese party to sponsor (or "buy") a pound (or more if you wish) of the destroyed cheese to help MLD recover from the loss of half a years cheese, the loss of milk that has had to be dumped for the last two months and the feed that went into the animals that thanks to the FDA, have been eating without producing any product to be sold.

The cheese was about $5 dollars per pound so we ask that those who wish to join send $5 for eevery pound they wish to sponsor.All sponsorship monies should be sent directly to Morning Land Dairy at,

Morningland Dairy

6248 County Road 2980

Mountain View, MO

Just put a little note in letting them know that the money (check,money order, or cash hidden in a folded up piece of paper) is from a cyber space un-cheese party guest and for the sponorship of a pound (or pounds) of destroyed cheese.

Or if you prefer,there is a PayPal account for Morningland.

[email protected]

Be sure to put that you're just sending money, as there really is no actual product changing hands.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Audra asked if she could post this and I said that we as a goat community need to stick together and support one another. When I needed some support with my goats (before TGS was started) Emily helped with a little moral support but we didnt stay in touch. I think that if you can this is a great way to help another goating family/business along so they dont go under. We need places like them who are the pioneers of our dreams.

3. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I feel so terrible for them...their situation is really not fair at all! :( I've got some stuff listed on eBay this week...will send something as soon as I have funds in my paypal account!

4. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    I try to steer clear of politics but I start to sound like a broken record every time this topic comes up and I still don't understand why there can be cigarettes sold everywhere... marijuana for medical use but those of us that want raw milk products are limited because those that produce these items are persecuted.

We need to support people like Morning Land! I will try to get something out to them this week.

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Because(conspiracy theorist that I am ;) ) those products make people sicker, thereby indirectly making the medical industry more money because of the treatment needed for the diseases caused by those products. Raw milk makes us healthy, and makes nobody money, and therefore needs to be eliminated according to them. Just my theory anyway ;)

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have no money in my checking account for this but just remembered I had a balance in my paypal account and checked her again to see there was that option! wonderful. Thanks so much Audra

Guys if you send money via paypal choose the "family/friends" option and then click gift. If you do so then it doesnt charge MLD at all and they get your full gift and paypal doesnt take anything from it.

7. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Wonderful idea! Will send a card and donation Friday. Bless them. It seems like a lot of good people are under attack by evil in all walks of life. I think maybe something really good is coming and evil is doing it's best to mess everyone up. Feed your faith and doubt will starve to death.

Okay, so if this is a party, who's bring the chips and dip?
    :balloons: :bday: :dance: :cake:

Gina

8. Oat Bucket Farm

Dec 13, 2009
    You are! Everone else already started in on the cheese and wine, we aren't safe to drive now.

9. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ok, more cyber cheese on the way!! I could really use some cyber wine as well. Maybe to go with some queso fresco!! :)

Thanks for letting us know about this farm.

Kami

10. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    Hey guys... been traveling on business all week but cyber cheese sent end of last week. Hope every little bit of support helps!

11. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Let us know if you hear any updates on the farm. I hope they can hold out through all this mess.

Gina

12. Oat Bucket Farm

Dec 13, 2009
    The folks at Morningland Dairy are going against Goliath!

Read the latest at this link:
    http://morninglanddairy.webs.com/apps/blog/

PLEASE continue to write to your congress-critters and other prostiticians to tell them that the behavior of the FDA and the MO Milke Board is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE in a Free Country!

If you've already sponsored a pound (or more!) of cheese, THANKS! If you haven't yet, would you consider sponsoring a pound of cheese? This is a way to make a real, hands-on difference to people who are doing their best to provide a quality, HEALTHY product in the face of govt persecution.

Here's Morningland's paypal account:
    [email protected]

I know that there are groups out there who are worthy of support, but I also feel that it's important to support the little guys on a more intimate level.

Taking a stand for Morningland is taking a stand for ALL small producers.

13. Oat Bucket Farm

Dec 13, 2009
    Also un-drinks called Kamikaze's are being mixed in a cement mixer and poured into barrels.So anyone interested in un-drinks of that kind, visit the wagon load of barrels by the barn. Just don't leave any gates open, we don't need any of the goats drinking it,lol.

and the party continues...

:cool: :dance: :cool: :dance:

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    link to update didnt come up Audra

15. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
  16. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    Received this via email this afternoon...
    ACTION ALERT
    SUPPORT MORNINGLAND DAIRY!
    HELP STOP DESTRUCTION OF RAW CHEESE INVENTORY

The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund has agreed to represent Joe and Denise Dixon, owners of the Morningland Dairy of the Ozarks, LLC, in their struggles with the State of Missouri Milk Board. The Milk Board has threatened to seek a Court Order ordering the destruction of the Dixons entire supply of cheese, cut and whole, which was produced from February to August, 2010.

The case against the Dixons stems from the FDAs and State of Californias raid on Rawsome Foods in California. At that time, a California representative obtained a piece of cheese sold to Rawsome by the Dixons and had it sampled. The result came back positive for Listeria yet the validity of the sampling collection procedure and its handling is questionable. California then contacted the Missouri Milk Board, which then conducted an inspection of the Dixons facility.

The Milk Board has obtained some sample results that also allege the presence of Listeria monocytogenes yet neither California nor the Milk Board can identify the specific sub strain of Listeria monocytogenes that was allegedly detected. Nor can California or the Milk Board identify the number of Listeria monocytogenes organisms that were allegedly present. Consequently, without any evidence that the Dixons cheese can make anybody sick--indeed, there is no evidence that anyone has become sick from consuming the Dixons cheese--the Milk Board wishes to destroy the Dixons entire cheese inventoryvalue at one quarter million dollars--based on these suspect sample results. Talk about guilt by association! Such an action would destroy a wonderful family business and farm.

The Legal Defense Fund is communicating with the Missouri Attorney Generals office to discuss a possible resolution of this matter short of destroying the Dixons entire inventory. If necessary, the Fund would enter an appearance and secure expert testimony to defend the Dixons from the Milk Boards unwarranted and irrational attempt to destroy what is most likely healthy food.

ACTION TO TAKE
    Supporters of the Dixons and of food rights everywhere should contact the Governors office and the Missouri Milk Board expressing their outrage at the prospect of destroying the Dixons cheese.

OFFICE OF GOVERNOR JAY NIXON
    P.O. Box 720
    Jefferson City, MO 65102
    Phone: (573) 751-3222
    Email: http://governor.mo.gov/contact/

STATE MILK BOARD
    1616 Missouri Boulevard
    PO Box 630
    Jefferson City, MO 65102

Fax: (573) 751-2527
    Email: [email protected]

If you live in Missouri, please contact your elected representatives. To find your representative and senator, go to
    http://www.senate.mo.gov/llookup/leg_lookup.aspx

TALKING POINTS
    --Morningland Dairy has provided nutritious cheese for over thirty years with a superlative safety record.
    --The state of Missouri has not proven that the cheese is contaminated.
    --The proposed destruction of cheese would put a viable family farm out of business.
    --The idea of destroying so much nutritious food when so many people are malnourished is obscene