The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have success with underground fences and shock collars on their goats? I only have two goats and my family has underground shock fences, since we all live close we often leave our pets in the care of a sibling when we take vacation. My siblings all have dogs set up with the same collars for use of the underground fence so they can roam and play anywhere without fear of losing our pets. My brother would like our goats to come visit and take care of some dandelions and tree trimmings. I would love my goaties to be able to be untethered and run and play out on their property... So I was wondering if my goats would understand the concept of the warning beeps of the collar and whatnot... Or if I could help train them for it? Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
58,871 Posts
You would probably have to train them like you do the dog. Putting them in with the dogs could be trouble since it is fun for dogs to chase goats.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I have used it with great success actually. I have regular electric fence too so when the get zapped they go the other direction:)

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Oh, I didn't really train them, one zap is all it took for them to get the point of the warning beep... So far I've used it on 5 of my goats:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts