The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl Lissa's teats are not the same size anymore, one side much more stretched and fat than the other. The fat side was less used for a bit; she had singles for two seasons, and now finally has twins, but for the first week they favored the smaller teat.

If I want to show her again, I need to get them to look better. Any way to get the stretched side smaller? We've always milked her and try to keep them even, but I'm worried it may be too late. Thought maybe someone might have some experience or ideas.

Thanks ahead of time!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Just how bad? Do you have a pic? I have seen some does that have one bigger teat and they still seem to do well in the ring..

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll see if I can get some recent pictures, all I have are some from last year, though it hasn't changed much

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
If it isn't too bad I wouldn't worry about it... I have seen does show well the one teat somewhat bigger then the other.. :shrug:

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
It will never get smaller, the skin is already stretched. I do have a doe who has one teat a little bigger than the other and she is a permanent CH, so I wouldn't worry about it bothering her at a show. As long as she has never had mastitis, a judge should be able to look past it. If they ask, I would just tell them she is a bit uneven from nursing a single her first freshening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts