Unexpectedly awesome pup

Discussion in 'Precious Protectors' started by goathiker, Feb 22, 2021 at 3:18 AM.

1. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

I know that some people have been waiting for this thread. The puppy I first called Luka has evolved into Lula because she doesn't have any German shepherd, Belgium malinois, or Dutch shepherd temperament.
    Turns out that she is a bit more exotic than that. She is a mix of Calupoh and Mexican street dog.

She is literally the sweetest, smartest, and most trainable dog I've ever owned. OMG she's high energy though. She has literally no prey drive, she just goes forever. Thank goodness I taught her to fetch already. Puppy push ups bore her to death. She's more interested in zooming around like an idiot and bring me the dead things that the cats leave.
    She is very pack based and being raised in this mixed household of 10 dogs on the same property is developing her social skills well.

14 weeks old 29 1/2 lbs.

2. goathiker

We had our first strangers at the house today. She was properly reserved but, not afraid. They had a young child with them that I used as a training tool. She was willing to sniff his hand entwined with mine.
    I would have worked with him further but, his mom was already frustrated at his behavior.

Reserved but, zero aggressiveness. Scary looking but, not dangerous. Exactly what I want.

ksalvagno and GoofyGoat like this.

3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Aw. Pictures. Sounds wo derful. Like Nikita's Swiss Shepherd. Doesn't bark. Protects his momma. Herds horses well. And runs.

goathiker, BarnOwl and Kass like this.
  4. goathiker

This is when I first got her on the pillow of my twin sized bed.

Attached Files:

5. goathiker

This is her this evening. For context the mastiff is 120 lbs.

Attached Files:

6. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Love the ears in the first picture. She has intelligent eyes too.

7. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

8. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    How did you find out she is those alternative breeds? Are those common in the area you got her? So interesting! Can't believe she gained and grew so fast! She is beautiful

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. goathiker

I don't for sure lol. I'm just listening to the gossip from others who have gotten puppies from them.
    I'll be sending in a DNA test soon. It should be here next week.
    The breed does make sense though. I raised and bred German Shepherds for several years, even sold some to police departments. This dog just doesn't have that temperament.

GoofyGoat and SalteyLove like this.