The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new pygmy nanny and the family who had her told us she was pregnant but didn't know how far along she was. They kinda guessed that she was 2 months. Everyone says I'm impatient but she looks so close to popping! But her udder isn't full and I can still feel the two tail ligaments.. But are their any other signs of her being close that I'm not looking for?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Got any pics? One from the top, one from the side, one of her udder area/girly parts.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Well if her udder isn't full and ligaments aren't gone, I would say you have a while to go :) Then again, some does like to wait till last minute to do those things, so I might be wrong lol. You can look for discharge from vulva(will be white or clear), but she will have a lot of that in the month or two before kidding, except when she is in labor, it will be amber colored. Goats can get quite big(huge in fact) fast when they are pregnant, so the size of her belly really isn't a good tell when it comes to time :) All goats will get bigger at different rates, depending on the quantity and genetic size of the babies.

For instance, my two Boer does(who are most likely pregnant) have small, but noticeably rounder and bigger bellies at about 2-3 months pregnant. They are bred to either a small Nubian buck, a tiny Lamancha buck, or a large Boer buck(very little possibility). Since it is their first freshening they will probably only have a single or twins, added to the fact they will have smaller babies, they will probably not get all that big in the belly.

You have to rely on udder, ligaments, behaviour, and discharge. Hope I didn't ruin your hopes of her popping tomorrow night! Good luck with your pregnant girl!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
image-3526175551.jpg

She's the one in the right side of the picture.. And I was just curious. Cause this is the first pygmy I've bought and that's pregnant. I'll just keep a close eye on her

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts