The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my goat mentors. Jennifer in MN. I just wanted to give an update on what we did with the goats. I finally got a vet that could come out to see us. (expensive) He works as a large animal vet. He thought that there was a bacteria problem going on and the dusty area and even the hay was a contributing factor making it worse sounding then it was and the clear snot too. He gave the goats an injection of Draxxin (sp?) and up dated on CD/T shots. I had him take fecal samples to run too. I will then know what we have for the worms. In my area the vet seem to recommend the Valbazen wormer because we are at risk for the liver fluck/deer worms. He will let me know how to proceed once the tests have been run. I am still wondering about the lungworms. He didn't say much about them. Maybe I will try that test that was mentioned. Does the valbazen work though for lungworm? Or should I just wait and see if the cough goes away with the meds?
Thanks for all the advice. I feel better now that I connected with a vet service that seems to know something at least, about goats. Another question, I have find out if our yearly had the cd/t shot as a kid question is if she hadn't and this was her first I give her the boaster too right?

·
Super Moderator
58,901 Posts
Yes, if it was the first shot of CDT, then you booster in 3 weeks.

Glad you were able to find a good vet. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts