Up Next are 20,21,23,25, and Wild

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by newmama30+, Jan 25, 2011.

1. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Okay here is Angel, I thought she was bred July 21st but could have been as late as Sept 11. I could post a whole bunch of pics as I have been documenting her pregnancy on and off since Oct. but Im gonna post two pics of her one from the 4th of Jan and one from tonight, her udder is gorgeous in MHO it has probably tripled in size in the last two/three weeks, I did manage to catch her Laying down tonight and got to feel her ligs, they are stringy but still there. :clap:
    Tonight
    [​IMG]

Jan 4th
    [​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Angel, due soon.

well its nice to see she is back to pellets for poop

that udder looks to have grown a tad bit too

she is going to wait till the very last day is my guess ;)

3. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Re: Need Help Now!

I have a doe that is in Labor tonight with blood on her cervix I went in and checked she is opening, not completely open yet. Called the vet he told me to wait an hour and check her again. I am going to try putting some lute on the cervix to get it open. Thank You.

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Lots of blood?

5. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

Thank God after cleaning her back end up, some how or another she ripped herself open on the outside, of the vulva

6. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

do the goats think of new ways to drive us nuts on a daily basis? cause mine seem to be finding new ways to make me feel like I am loosing my mind!

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Is that what all that is, blood? I would still say she will be going very soon. he has that tail I talk about. Her ligs are gone so she can not hold her tail straight.

8. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

:ROFL: No Lori, that is another one of my Goats Angel, she had a bout of Loose stools at the begining of the month that pic was taken the 4th the one on top was last night and she is still very pregnant. I have about 17 does that are due anywhere from now til May, as they were with a buck before I got them up until Dec 18th when I sold him.

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: Angel, and #13 Problem figured out

OH good. I have not been here for a bit, a lot going on that I am about to go crazy.

10. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

Well Im about ready to :hair: :GAAH: I've had these does since Oct 2cnd, and they were supposed to all be getting ready to kid, I apparently have sucker tattooed on my forehead with stupid right under it. Cause I know for sure that 3 of them aren't even bred, and no date's for the rest. But #13 has been getting closer for the last 3 wks so not too surprised that she's going, just don't know how she got a rip or cut where she does. Well back out to check on her .

11. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

Okay so I am like 85% sure that #13 is definately in Labor, but she still isn't pushing so I am thinking I am safe to go get a few hours of Shut Eye but first let me introduce #13, and comparison Pics of Angel, tell me if I'm right that her right side of the udder filled in today.

[​IMG]

Back End Still a little bit of Blood
    [​IMG]

Angel Last Night
    [​IMG]

Angel Tonight
    [​IMG]

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Angel is progressing nicely

#13 is a pretty girl

13. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

It does look like angel filled on the right some more. Does she have a right teat?

14. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

no she doesn't :( , I didn't own her when she lost it but it sounded like she was laying down and another goat stepped on the teat and ripped it, so the vet just removed the teat. Last year at her peak I got a quart once a day, I'm thinking that if I milk her twice a day this year I may get that much per milking, her udder wasn't near as big last year

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I would maybe put pneosporin (sp)ointment on the wound.... and look for any nails or splinters that may be in the barn... that are possibly sticking out..... :hug:

16. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Sounds like things are progressing. I second that with the neosporin -or- triple antibiotic ointment, when I worked with horses we kept A LOT of it around because they always found a way to cut themselves. We have a tube of triple antibiotic ointment in our medicine bucket and have used it on the goats with good results. No telling what your girl could have cut herself on, and I agree, she is pretty :)

Now, rest, breathe and don't let them make you pull your hair out LOL :)

17. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Re: Angel Kidded, and #13 Problem figured out

I will do that got to buy some tomorrow for my hand, along with gauze and tape. I just was hoping she would kid, quickly so I could start her on some Pen G, just to make sure that she doesn't end up with any kind of Infection, our barn's about 90 years old so God only knows what kind of germs are lurking in it. Right now every one is outside to give Angel some peace.

18. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Re: Angel Kidded, and #13 Problem figured out

Last night when we brought all does inside 13s backside was covered in blood, we looked and didn't find any kids outside. So if her and angel went at the same time the other night is it possible that she wouldn't have had anything hanging out? also as of 10 o'clock on wed night when everyone got kicked out of the barn her udder hadnt struted

19. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Re: Up Next are 20,21,23,26

Okay so now were are on to the four that look ready to pop and if anymore start to look ready I will add them. here is a picture of 23 from the other day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here id one of 20
    [​IMG]

just for fun here is 9 she has been dropped like that since Dec 18th.
    [​IMG]

20. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    Re: Up Next are 20,21,23,26

is #9 an older doe?