Update Gracie Kidded!!! Page 3 PICS

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by JessaLynn, Nov 18, 2009.

1. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Hidden Shamrocks D Tippie "Graice" AM Nubian :) will be giving us our first kids here.She was bred to Old'N Times Rocky PB.We will get first generation Mini Nubians from this pair.I'm super excited and have everything ready just about.She isn't due till around December 24th (of all days) but getting really wide and she has a small utter already.She wobbles when she walks.My poor baby! She is my favorite! Just the sweetest girl.I just can't see how she's gonna make it for 5 more weeks!!! She looks as though she's gonna burst! She's had an utter form 3 weeks ago.That normal so soon? I'll post pictures tomorrow of her.

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Gracie due soon!

She's getting closer!!! Exciting isn't it? Even with 7 years worth of kiddings behind me, the up comoing ones make me as excited and nervous as if they were my first. Her udder formation sounds to be right on track....just wait til she goes into labor, her udder will be much more bigger than it is now, like 10 times the size!

3. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina

Oh she is getting close! Maybe you will have Christmas babies, what great names you could come up with then. :dance:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

cute -- Christmas Babies :cool:

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Good luck! I know you must be excited! Imagine the names you can use for Christmas Eve or Christmas day babies! I have a Nigerian due 12-31 to start my kiddings off for this coming year. I can't wait!

6. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio

Oh yeah never thought of the cute names I could use!! That's got me even more excited!! :leap: It's raining out and I wanted to get some pictures of her darn it! Well maybe it'll clear up soon! I can't seem to get good pictures of her inside the barn.I put a video monitor in last night but my DH was complaing about it being to bright in our room and it's got some static. :sigh: I guess I'll wait till week before she's due to turn it on. Now ya'll help me out with names while I'm waiting! :love:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

SO do you have all your kidding supplies ready? How about posting a picture of her?

My first one is Due the 29th of December also.

8. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Good luck and I know how you feel about being excited. I have one due 12/5/09, just a few weeks and im so excited, but of course the days are dragging. Anyways good luck and yes we love pics.

9. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio

Pictures added! Sorry not the best.I had to take them with my phone.Camera wasn't working at that low of resolution.Let me know what ya'll think.Please be honest I'm a newbie!

10. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Yay! How exciting! By that time one of my lil kids will already be in her new home. :( They grow up so fast! I'll have to come play with yours...Hehe! And you can come play with my lil Pygmies in April and June! :D :wink:

11. Ariel301

Ariel301 Guest

Oct 12, 2009

How exciting! She's pretty.

We have a Gracie too lol. One of our LaMancha girls is Calico-Bluffs Oscar's Gracee.

12. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Well it depends on what direction you want with names. You could use:

Noel
    Jiggle Bells

Etc. The list could be endless depending on whether you like single word names or multiple. Song names, religious. On and on.

13. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio

My daughter is sooooo excited for Gracie to have her kids.She is really good with them considering she's only 4.She helps me feed them and she's always brushing the does.She's like a minny me I love it!She's my only girl out of 4 so very special.My boys are great to and my youngest is usually hanging out in the buck pen "BLAH" and hugs there necks saying "my goaties my goaties my boys" LOL He's 2yrs old.He gets them all water and brings them leaves or some other treats.
    I like Noel or Holly for a girl.For a boy maybe well kind of stuck on that.I don't want something to corney and I want a one word name.I was thinking of all the reindeer names.HAHA! Maybe she'll just have does and don't need a boy name.Well ya'll give me some more ideas please.How many kids you think she'll have.I'm thinking twins with her size but I know that can be decieving.I bought little sweaters in case of frigid temps.No electricity out in our barn for heat lamps :(
    Birthing kit is a plastic tub filled with:
    Clean towels
    Iodine
    sweaters
    gloves
    thermometer
    aspirator (suck out any goop)
    bottle
    Also have on hand La-200,dewormer,CD-T,Syringes w needles
    I am picking up today Nutri-Drench,and that paste stuff for kids can't think of the name now.Gives them a boost I guess.Also some Selenium Gel.Was told to get it for Gracie.
    Am I missing anything???

14. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Molasses for Gracie, a pint to 2 quarts of warm water will give her some energy, give her as much as she wants, my girls still get molasses water up to 2 days after delivery. And a big cup of coffee for you! :coffee2:

IF it is very cold, a good dry off, a deep bed of straw and a full belly from mom helps keep them warm, I don't use a heat lamp and have only used sweaters on babies when the temp is under 20*

With the weather the way it's been....you'll likely be sitting in the barn in shorts! :wink:

15. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio

Hope it doesn't get that cold!!! :worried: Yeah it hasn't been all that bad at all here.Hoping it continues.Sure would make it so much easier. I'll pick up some molasses for her that's what I forgot to get.Instead of the kid paste I got probios.Instead of the nurti drench I got calcium.
    Oh I know what I forgot!! Some scissors to cut the cord and dental floss.Got to stick those in there yet.I was wondering will the kids be ok with the other does? I'm worried one of them would hurt them.Any suggestions?

16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I've never had to cut cords, they tear away on their own. I have had to tie them off with dental floss due to too much bleeding.

17. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio

O wow that's neat! Well that's good to know!

18. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Yep, as the kids are separated from the birth membranes the cords tend to break on their own, I have had to trim too long of cords before I dipped them in iodine but other than that, nature takes over.

19. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio

So how much of the cord should remain before I dip it in iodine?

20. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

There is usually about an inch left hanging.