~*~UPDATE!!!New Pics/Pedigree Added (pg.2)!! New Goats!!!~*~

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by HollowbeadRanch, Mar 2, 2009.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Well... I decided I was going to purchase a few goats from this man the end of last week. I just didn't want to post about it because I was scared it would fall through or something... but I reckon everything was finalized today and I am supposed to be picking them up Wednesday evening!! So I was going to wait till I got them home to take pics and post about it... but he sent me pics and I just couldn't wait to show everyone!! :greengrin: :doh: :ROFL: They are all unregistered, but the two brown-eyed Buckskin Does MIGHT be able to be registered (but I purchased them as unregistered... so if I DO get to register them then that will just be a plus :wink: ) will have to find out once I get them. There are 8 in all (three 1yr. old Blue-Eyed Does, two 2yr. old brown-eyed Does, and three 3wk. old Bucklings). So... here is what I am getting!

Blue-Eyed Buckskin Doe with roaning on the neck and frosting on the ears and nose, born 4/2008. Possibly bred.
    [​IMG]

Two Blue-Eyed Buckskin Does also born 4/2008. Both Possibly Bred.
    [​IMG]

On the left is the head of the Blue-Eyed Doe listed above so you can see her cute white patch :greengrin: And in the front is the Brown-Eyed Moonspotted Buckskin Doe. She is the twin to the Doe listed next and they were born 4/22/2007. She is Possibly Bred.
    [​IMG]

And last but most definitely NOT least.... Brown-Eyed Buckskin Doe (who I am guessing is moonspotted like her twin sister listed above... judging by her offspring :shrug: will know better when I can look her over in person) AND her triplet Bucklings (yes.. I know... BUMMER that atleast ONE of them wasn't a girl! :GAAH: ). The Doe was born 4/22/2007 and her triplets were born 2/7/2009. Two of the Bucklings have Blue-Eyes and they ALL have moonspots!!!! :wahoo:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please let me know what you think of everyone!! These will be added to my unregistered stock (all except for the Bucklings who will be sold once they are old enough), unless I am able to register the two brown-eyed Does in which case those two would be added to my registered stock :wink:

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: ~*~New Goats!!! LOOK LOOK!!!!!!!!~*~

OMG! Brandi, they are all gorgeous!!!! Boy YOU ARE REALLY BUILDING YOUR HERD IN LEAPS!!!!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

because i am silly and I like to get this all straight.

3 blue eyed

2 brown eyed (sisters and possible registration) one with triplet bucks

for a total of 5 does and 3 bucklings

did I get that right?

Congrats!!! What a buckskin crowd! :shocked:

4. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

LOL! Sorry Stacey... meant to add the total count to my post... fixed it now :wink: Yes, you are correct!!! And yes, TONS of Buckskins!! :ROFL: Can you tell they are my favorite?? :shades:

Thank you both! Yes, my herd is growing quickly!!! My buying spree will be over for a little while though :wink: Gotta give Hubby time for his head to quit swimming from all the new goats :ROFL:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Like I said - everyone HIDE your buckskins because Brandi is changing to herd name to Hollowbead Buckskins - :ROFL: :shocked: :ROFL: :shocked: :ROFL:

6. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

:ROFL: yes..... NOW everyone sees why Allison has been aggrevating me about the Buckskins :ROFL: OH.... AND the man said he has milked the 2yr. olds before :wink: :wahoo:

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh wow Brandi,,,they are gorgeous!!! Congrats! What neat markings too!! You are definately off to a good start with you new herd!!

8. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN

Congrats, nice looking goats.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

They are gorgeous..nice goats... :love: :greengrin:

10. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Thanks everyone!!! I am really tickled to be getting them! :leap:

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:thumbup: :greengrin: :wink:

12. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky

aww how sweet - sure do miss those gorgeous little faces!

13. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina

That sure is a bunch of gorgeous goats you are adding! They are all so colorful and very healthy looking. Congrats on your newest additions!

14. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008

Congrats, they're lovely, we have a lot of buckskins and tri-colors here!

15. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Thanks everyone!!! I will get plenty of pics tomorrow when I get them home as well :wink: I am so anxious to see them in person! :wahoo:

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:wahoo: can't wait.......... :greengrin: :greengrin:

17. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Congratulations! They sure are colorful.

18. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Thank you!!! :greengrin:

19. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

Congrats! They are very pretty!

20. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Thank you!! :greengrin:

Well... today was a VERY LONG day!! Very hectic, and we got finished WAY later than I was expecting (long story...). So by the time I got the goats unloaded it was dark... only got a couple of pics and they aren't very good.... So I PROMISE I will get pics tomorrow and post them in a new thread :thumbup: I have got TONS of good news though!!! I was able to get the name of the breeder and the pedigree info on the two brown-eyed Buckskin Does (will post that tomorrow), and I plan on getting in touch with the breeder to see if it is possible to pay for their papers or not. ALSO... after close inspection I have found out that FOUR out of the five Does have moonspots :leap: They just weren't visible in the pics he sent me! :leap: The 5th Doe may have them as well.... but she has so much fluff right now that I can't tell for sure.... will have to wait till she sheds or until it gets warm enough to shave her. AND those pics he sent me REALLY DIDN'T do them justice... they look twn times better than that! Anyways... so I am SUPER excited!!!! All of these actually came out of registered stock... so we will see what I can do about the papers on the two Does :wink: Anyways, I am EXHAUSTED and am headed to bed! I promise to get pics tomorrow AND to get caught up on all he posts I missed today. :grouphug: