Update on Daisy, We Might be on to Something~ PICS

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Dec 21, 2007.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So I went out to albon all 11 goats and 2 llamas tonight - and got everyone but the baby llama. She just would not cooperate, so I am waiting for hubby to get home cause he is stronger then I and can help me to catch her and put 30cc of Albon down her throut.

Anyway, when I gave daisy her's - to my surprise - her udder has doubled since last night. It is now the size of a small cantalope! No colestrum yet. Knowing my luck I will not be able to go to town on Christmas eve cause I will be to nervous.

She started with barely a palm a week or so ago, then a whole hand ful about a week ago - and over flowing handful last night and a small cantalope tonight.

He ligaments are still there - but funny enough I could NEVER feel them before, and now they are promonant. The muscle or fat, what ever it is around the tail is not there, it seems like it has disappeared, and I can feel almost all around her tail bone under the skin. The ligaments are definately not as defined as they have been.

I felt her belly infront of her udder, but she was a bit tense. I felt a baby move 1 time and that was it. Couldn't tell if she was soft there or not cause of her being tense.

What do you all think? Do you think she will make it to the " thought her due date was January 28th" or do you think that she will go before that?

This is her second freshning. We know that she has two in their, at least that is what we thought we saw on ultrasound. She had a single her first time.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she sounds closer then January 28th. Could be before Christmas or just after the new year. But I say with in 7-14 days.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    It would be wonderful if she kidded before the 2nd, as I am now off of work until the e2nd, so I can monitor her a little closer.

I would love to have them now so that I do not have to take leave after the holiday!! Hahaha~

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well that would be awesome if she did go when it was convenient.

I do believe she is close - I did tell you before that I believed her to have a month to go, I think I am pretty much on target so far. ;)

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Awesome!!! I cant wait!

6. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    Mine usually start bagging up 4-6 weeks before their due date. I have a couple of does who have gooop 2 weeks before their due date and go back and forth with their ligaments. The last kidding the only signs she showed was that she had a bag and the night before a little stringing goop. Her ligaments were still there even at 8 am the next morning and she kidded around noon.
    So it's hard to tell sometimes.

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Wow!!! What a change! I am so happy that she is changing so quickly. Stacey, I know she is hoping you are right.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah and if I am wrong I better duck :oops:

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Stacey,

You don't have to worry! I am just taking opinions, and holding no one to nothing! LOL~

Heck, you all can't even touch her - so its just thoughts! But I love hearing everyones opinion. I just got up, so I am going to check and see if there is any bag difference.

We are fixin to go to town, so we will be gone all day - PLEASE no kids when I get home - wait till tommorrow or later when I am home all day~

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm gonna be the oddball here and say that with that much progression with her udder, she'll be delivering in the next week....make sure you keep us posted!!

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    She is definatly getting CLOSE.I'm out of school till the 3rd so she better go before then.

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    December 23rd,

No change in udder today - not quite as pushy and grumpy as usual.

Eating well, was fine with me touching her udder today and lifting her tail. Dry under tail - no discharge.

last night felt babies moving like crazy. Did not feel much tonight, but wanted to get in with hubby and kids to watch a movie before the kids leave tomorrow and don't come back till the 3rd.

Will let you know what I find tommorrow!

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    The week before my does kid I always see/feel the babies move, I never have before then.

Sounds like she should go within the next couple weeks though, good luck! :D

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Christmas night update -

Her udder has not really grown much - but is "fuller" feeling. Still no colestrum.

She is starting to stay out of everyones way though.

ChaCha is a bit puffier, but no discharge.

Did not feel babies move tonight, but it was snowing and very cold, so did not give it, but a minute.

Ligaments are softer then they were last night, but still totally intact.

Please goatie - give me babies by the 1st, since I go back to work on the 2nd!!!

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she is keeping you on your toes.

I hope you aren't "milking" her to check for colostrum by doing that you are removing the plug that keeps bacteria out and she could get mastitis. best to leave the testing of the milk to after she kids.

If you aren't milking her then disregard my concern.

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    There is one sure way you can go by with her udder, without expressing milk from her....when they bag up tight AND the teat goes from "flat" looking to filled, they usually kid in a few days when the teats are filled with milk. At least my experienced girls are like this.

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Stacey,

No I am not milking her, just checking to see if the black plug thing is there still on her teat, and then if they are firm or still soft.

She has kidded and was milked prior to me getting her, but I am going to measure her to her weathers today, as she is tiny, and I want to be able for you all to know what I am talking about in proportion with I say how big her udder is.

I was laying in bed thinking about that last night. But it was way to cold to go back out and measure last night! LOL~

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok just checking. I have just heard people actually milking to check for colostrum and I had to ask.

My Mia is 15" at the withers so I know tiny

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I measured her tonight and she is 14.5 inches, almost 15.

She is still eating good, but still alittle jumpy. She used to be so sweet, but you can tell that she is staying away from everyone so she doesn't get butted during feeding, so I started pulling her out of the pen and feeding in the stall.

She is doing really well.