Update on Daisy . . . .

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Sonrise Farm, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Since this is just a babbling i didn't put it in Mini Mania . . .

I measured her today and she was nineteen inches high! :shocked: . I can't get over how smooth her topline is . . . it is completely flat on the top. She wide too. :) I love her hind leg set . . . the only thing I see that is wrong with her is her shoulders are pretty tight, but they could be tighter, and her neck of course and she could be deeper bodied. But other than that I love her! :drool:

I'm not going to post pix of her til she's feeling better (her nose/and eye are much better, not running anymore. Still congested, but feeling much better.) she tried to climb through the stall fencing after me when I left.

But she has a yellowish discharge, tho, and I'm worried--- is she in heat or is this from being sick???

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hi Talitha....sounds like you have a normal sized nigi doe...My Binky is at 19 inches...but she seems "little" to me, I'm 5'9 so her shoulders hit just at my knee....Daisy sounds to have bonded to you allready, which is a very good thing. She is bred right? How far along would she be?

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    she was bred at the end of september. . . about 2-3-maybe already 4 before I got her. :? I will check her again tomorrow and see if it's still there . .. if so I will put her on the milk stool and take a pix of it . . . :sigh: I hope it isn't heat . . .

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Okay he put her in with the buck Sept. 30. So it's been almost a month now.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Discharge at 21 days past breeding, does sound like a heat Talitha, I'm sorry :cry: See if she shows any other signs, riding her pen mate or even making low deep sounds...flagging her tail and a general "swollen, pink" vulva.....hope she is settled though, some discharge in early pregnancy sometimes does happen. :hug:

6. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    well it's not like a 'normal' heat discharge tho . . .it's yellowish. and kind of crusty. . . and not much of it either, just around the mouth of her vulva. . . she isn't showing any other heat signs tho. Sigh, I guess I'll just have to watch her. :sigh:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yes , just watch her....any breeding is a "wait and see" type thing....I'm doing the same thing now with Binky.

8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    If she isn't bred I have to wait til fall 2009 to breed her . . . :sigh: Well, I'll hope for the best, I suppose . . .

9. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Okay, Daisy still has a bit of a discharge not much, still the same yellowish color. She isn't showing any other signs of heat, no typical tail wagging or anything. Is it possible she might have an infection in her vulva? :shrug:

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It looks like you have a "wait and see" situation going on...as far as infection goes, if it doesn't have a yucky smell to iyt, I'd say that she's doing the normal "cleansing" after breeding, my does will do this usually anywhere from a week to 2 weeks after breeding, just watch her for the next few days, if she seems to be "looking" sick to you and the discharge gets worse, then I would be worried. :wink: