Update on Hallie

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Epona142, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Today it's been two weeks, so Hallie was moved from quarantine and into the goat pen. Her cough has cleared up, though she still has a snotty nose. However, I was warned about these by mistyblue and my vet confirms its an allergy problem. It's actually gotten a lot better and she only starts snotting up when she gets upset.

She's put on some weight, still a bit thin but to the point you really can't tell without putting hands on her.

Still very nervous, but she's learned that I come bearing food! Today we had a breakthrough, she came up and ate out of the bucket while I was holding it. She was highly offended when I touched her, but she came back.

I still can't get the truth about when/if she kidded. The best I got was that she kidded and the kid died. This I can believe, just not WHEN the breeder told me she kidded. She claims it was mid-December. I just don't know.

I've added a couple of backend pictures...her pooch says pregnant to me, however her udder has not had any growth that I can TELL (hard to do without chasing her down) and I never could feel any kids but...well I don't know. I may pull blood here soon, just haven't had a chance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They were the best I could get. I've ordered a laptop, so soon I'll have all the time in the world to set in the pen until she grows so accustomed to my prescience she'll be as tame as the rest.

2. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    She looks so good, even has a pretty new collar. The last possible day she could have kidded from my buck would have been Dec. 20th, but she was already bagging on July 23rd when we took her from his pen, so I expect that she should have kidded sooner than that.

I am so excited to see and hear how well she is doing, I knew if someone had the time for her that she would come around.

3. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Yeah I think it was much sooner than December, enough time for her to dry up as far as she has. A collar was a must, lol, else we'd NEVER catch her, poor darling. She's coming around. It will take time but that's something I have a lot of, when it comes to my critters.

She's doing really well health wise, I was glad to see her turn around so quick. I am loving copper bolus, it's made a real difference.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Im not convinced she is pregnant - if so not far along

5. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    That's what I like to hear.

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She looks GREAT! Glad to hear she's coming around with food...most goaties are food driven.
    I have to agree, she doesn't look preggy...even at that distance her poocch looks like my nigi when she's open.

7. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    That makes me quite happy. I've got the most lovely buck lined up for her, and the rest of my does, for the end of the year, so hopefully she will make mistyblue and I some pretty doelings!

Course, I'd better not pet her, else we're bound to keep our buckling streak going...

8. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    No Petting - Bad Epona, Bad

Right now I don't care what we get, I am just happy that she is finally in a good home. Besides you are putting all the work into her.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She is beautiful........ :love: :greengrin:

10. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    It's the kind of work I live for, trust me. ;)