Update on Little Bit

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by sparks879, Nov 26, 2007.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I posted a help plea about a doe that wasnt right, but didn;t know what she had gotten into. It was touch and go for a few days, i was terrified i was going to go out there and find her dead or something. But she seems to be ok now, her ears are up and she is starting to re establish her place in the feeding line. She butted one of the other does away from the gate this morning. She doesn;t have all her hair fluffed up anymore. Still not quite ravinous like she normally is at feeding time but we are getting there. She ate a handful of alfafa pellets and some hay this morning.
    thanks for all your replies.
    beth

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thats great! I'll pray that she continues to improve!

3. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    i'm so glad. reading posts here of sick goats, one just never seems to know which way it will go. what a guessing and WORRYING game this is. i hope that whatever magic you happened upon, it keeps working.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is wonderful news. Just keep a close eye on her and make sure she keeps improving. :leap: :leap:

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

thanks guys, I didn't give her much, mostly time. I would pull her out at feeding time and let her foloow me around while i did my chores, she seemed to be happy just to spend time with me. She has come to enjoy coffee, i gave yer a couple of cc's and she drank the rest out of the bowl. i was going to take her blanket off today but its snowing! and im afraid to shock her into cold again. So im going to wait another day or two and let her get more strength back so she doesn't have to work so hard to stay warm.
    I just went out there and little bit is back in heat, so she apears to have lost the kids she was carrying, or she is in a false heat.
    She had apeared to of settled about two months ago.
    beth

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    THat's good to hear she's better :)