The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Goat Mom
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so his blood work came back perfect. His fecal was totally free of parasites, she couldn’t believe it. Had a hard time finding his bladder because it was quite small. She saw no evidence of stones or sand. Everything looks good. She just called with his urine and there were no crystals in it. But it’s full of bacteria and red blood cells. So she told me to pull way back on the ammonium chloride but keep administering until he clears up just for piece of mind. He got his 2nd dose of antibiotics today so hopefully he will start to make some progress. If he doesn’t we will try a different antibiotic. So I’m feeling very hopeful!

·
Super Moderator
35,683 Posts
He sounds to be a picture of good health. Good news. Possible UTI?

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Okay so his blood work came back perfect. His fecal was totally free of parasites, she couldn’t believe it. Had a hard time finding his bladder because it was quite small. She saw no evidence of stones or sand. Everything looks good. She just called with his urine and there were no crystals in it. But it’s full of bacteria and red blood cells. So she told me to pull way back on the ammonium chloride but keep administering until he clears up just for piece of mind. He got his 2nd dose of antibiotics today so hopefully he will start to make some progress. If he doesn’t we will try a different antibiotic. So I’m feeling very hopeful!
This is really good news, hopefully he'll start being back to his old self soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts