update on my fair/kabooki- pics of murray and mimi

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by SDK, May 12, 2009.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    so fair is going really well.. we took murray up yesterday and got him all settled.. numbers are WAAAYY down.. i think there are only 4 or 5 goats for 4h market..and maybe 2 for FFA

Murray looks REALLLY good and weighed in at 91 pounds ( just kiddin' was off by one pound when she guessed.. lol!) her son's goat weighed in the 70's or 80's.. my brain is frazzled right now so i could be WAAAYYY off

there was a market goat who weighed in at 162!!!! its huge!

ok KAbooki situation.... hopefully she's going with my friend melissa to be a dairy doe for all those blood sucking boer goats!!! and i'll still get to see her all the time!

I go sunday to see the options for replacements at the breeders.. one little doe caught my eye at the show,... her name is demitasse... and .. i snickered when i heard the breeder call her demi!!

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: update on my fair situations/ kabooki

Sounds like things are going well....and it's great that you will still get to se Miss Kabooki.

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    Re: update on my fair situations/ kabooki

yea i'm excited that kabooki isn't going to dissapear forever

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ok so today was auction... megan sold murray for 4 dollars a pound.. which is really good considering prices were bad this year

still havent gotten to go see replacement options yet... her 13 year pyratolian died thursday... and she was at a show today.. hopefully tomorrow afternoon.

i finally uploaded mimi's pics... she looks chunky.. but.. shes angled.. i'll try and get a better one at the next show.. shes a second freshening 2 year old, 7 weeks fresh in the pictures with 6 hours of milk( i was lazy and didnt want to wake up early to pull kids) btw

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    $4 a pound isn't bad......your right it is pretty darn good.... :thumbup:

Mimi is a real nice doe......love her udder.... :love: :)

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    some murray pictures

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very....nice.......... :thumbup: :love:

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    more murray

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I sure like him.......... :love:

10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    oh.. and we totally got robbed at the show thursday....

they hired a sheep judge. who isn't good to begin with.. he picked the 130 pound fat goat for supreme and the 162 ridiculously fat goat for reserve...

there were 6 market goats all together.. and of course.. my sister megan and crystal's son wyatt were the only ones not in a class by themselves.. so megan had the only second place goat at the whole show.. which is so lame... i mean.. look at him!... i feel bad we sold him before he got his big show fame.. everyone is mad they let the bigger goats even show.. they were over max but the fair figured there were so few it wouldnt hurt.. wrong!!! megan was soo upset that she had the only second place goat.. so unfair

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow........ that is very unfair....I am sorry ....it went that way...... :( :hug:

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    it was a total bummer.. megan always get's robbed somehow... hopefully our FB doe rochelle ( who is due june 2nd) will give her an awesome wether for our fairs in november... she's bred to a covergirl nephew... so were excited

megan and murray were the last goat of the sale.. which could be why her price was so good.. and another exhibitors dad kept bumping it for her...which was really sweet, considering his child is .... not so sweet

13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    same here! they never hire goat judges. last year we had a dairy judge and the yr before we had a cattle one. grr.

murray looked great!

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    .....I feel that rochelle ...will produce something good for you.....keep your chin up.....things can't get any worse right? You did get good prices out of them... :thumbup: that is a good thing.......

rightfully ...they shouldn't have other breed judges it is so unfair and they don't know what to look for in boers......

15. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    I totally cannot wait for rochelle to kid.. i mean.. everyone and there mom knows covergirl!!!! shes awesome.. and her nephew is gorgeous too!!!! i love him

the breeder wants a doe kid back.. i want a doe kid.. and then all bucks are wethers.

i think i should become a judge... and work for really cheap!!

16. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Why would ANYONE hire a judge that is not that specific breed type of judge? They sure don't do that here.

17. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    to save money...

18. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    That's probably why there weren't many entries.

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yea ........you should.......... you do know ....the boers..... :wink:

20. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    is rochelle related?!

yeah flying judges up here IS expensive.