Update on pooch pictures, is she or isn't she???

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by peggy, Dec 2, 2010.

1. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Hi all. Sorry to post again but I took a couple more recent pics of Sabrina. I am anxious to see if anyone here thinks she is preg or not. She is supposed to be due mid February. Thanks for looking and commenting. I can zoom the pics in if needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I want to say yes but we will see what everyone else says

3. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Thanks Roger. I am hoping.....

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I'm sooooo bad at pooch checks! :ROFL: So can't help you there....but have you noticed her coming back into heat? She'd have come back in 2x by now if she is due in Feb. :chin:

5. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I have only had her for a month and I don't know her very well. She is young and has never kidded before. I have noticed her and the other two girls (they are 5 months old) acting bucky and all that stuff so I am really not sure. I wasn't sure if it was a heat or a dominance thing. And there is no buck around to test them......

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm almost positive on her....she does have a soft look to her pooch, also being a FF....And due in 2 1/2 months, you should notice udder development starting in another week or so, my FF is due 2/10 and I can feel some udder growth starting.

7. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Thanks liz. I haven't noticed any udder development yet but she is soooooooo untouchable. And hairy there so can't really see. I had fun just getting the pics cause everytime I got behind her she would turn the other way. I am making a milkstand today to start training her to stand on it because she doesn't like to be touched. Once I get her on it, I can do a more thorough job. I think her teats are getting longer, though??? Do they do that???? But could be wishful thinking...

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yes, you will notice her teats before you see udder. Getting the milkstand done will really help with teaching her milking manners...and most does at this point in pregnancy are touch-me-nots...Each of my girls are just a week apart in pregnancy and 2 of them have been milked, and they are also not liking the belly/udder touching.