Update on pushy Doe.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Trace, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Just wanted to update you on the pushy doe that bit my daughter.

Well since my horse came in she has been really subdued and not pushy at all.

Could this be becuase she is not the big man on campus anymore? She's gives Rocky (the horse) a wide berth.

Its making it harder for us to find a new home for her - when she isn;t doing anything wrong right now.....

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She may... still do it again .........be careful around her..... :hug:

3. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I know. :( She is one that my daughter will learn never to turn her back on - and if she starts doing it again - she has to be gone.

Thanks for your concern.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome.... Good luck.... :hug:

5. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    What kind is she again?

6. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

DreamChaser-how is that cream separator coming? Maybe you could find another one and use two partials to make one working?
    When I Googled it I found lots and lots of people selling there's or antique actions who had one available. Perhaps you could buy one and use the other for parts?

Trace - Haven't run into a goat that isn't good with my toddlers, but we had a horse who would act like they were lions! Just rear up, run around frantic, just THROW A FIT. I know the best thing for a horse in this situation is to expose them to it. But who wants to risk that with their lil ones? He had to goto a different home... :sigh:

I hope your goat has been taken back a few notches and behaves herself!

7. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    lulla, no good on the cream seperator so far. There is a place in town that supposedly has some cream seperator parts, but I haven't looked yet.

If the goat is an Alpine, you could send her my way... :D I don't have any children.

8. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Dreamchase - what a bummer? But the store sounds promising. If you are an engineer type you might be able to reverse-engineer the original separator to work with newer parts? :question: What do you hope to use it for when you get it working? What are you going to make?

9. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    She is an alpine nubian cross - I would love to send her your way - but AZ is a bit too far..... :)

10. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    We had a horse here last year that thought that goats were the devil incarnate - I ended up getting rid of the horse becuase I couldn;t deal with a phycho mare around my daughter.

Rocky on the other hand couldn;t give a hoot about the goats - in fact I think taht he likes having them there for the company - which is exactly what I wanted. :) :) Someone up there is looking out for me right now. :)