Update--pictures added of Sheba/udder and behind

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by alyssa_romine, Dec 2, 2007.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    My boer cross Sheba was acting a little more friendly and I saw that she was sunken in around her tail head and in her flanks...this doe is not friendly so I had to catch her and put her in my kidding stall. I am hoping she can hold off a little bit. Her udder isn't full yet but I felt a baby move a little and it was kicking too. I was kind of hugging her and felt her tense up in her belly. How close do you think she is??? This will be her first kidding with me and I have only had her for 2 weeks....I am really excited!!!

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I don't have one ready until 1-1-08. :wink:

3. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I don't know the due date on this particular doe because they pasture breed and don't write down dates...I could tell by her udder formation that she would be due within the next month so I had a little bit of a warning. What do you think by her signs????

4. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    She is laying down now. She has made a 'nest'...not sure of her pattern but this seems to be normal labor behavior in my experience thus far.

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I would say soon.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    oh man - another night of not sleeping waiting for your babies!!! Hopefully she has them soon!!!

7. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I hope for babies soon...I will not get much sleep tonight either. She is now stretching a bit and putting her tail up...we'll see....hoping for twins...buckling and doeling....or twin doelings.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how exciting Alyssa I say before the end of the day you will have kids.

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
  10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
  11. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Sounds very much like yours will go next! How exciting!! Nesting, pawing, being restless are all good signs. The sunken in around the tail head is also great, that means the ligaments are gone. I felt Rose's doeling move before she kidded so that's good too! Good luck!

12. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Just another update...her udder has almost doubled in size from earlier. She isn't restless yet but I am still checking on her. I can almost touch my thumb and finger around her tail..

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ooooo I am so excited for you. are you sitting out in the barn just watching her?

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh man! We are getting there~

What breed is she???

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she said boer cross. I believe she was one of the goats she got in a trade for her buck

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ohhhh - I see! Cool - can't wait to see babies. I am having a hard time working on my final project when there are babies coming~

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WOW! She sounds very close an udder doubling in size and no ligaments.....could be ANYTIME!!!

18. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I know...I am so excited..I am checking on her about every hour...I won't be going back out until 9 or 9:30 our time so it will be another 3 hours until I go back out. Stacey, You are 100% correct...I am just so happy!!!

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    OK - that means I can get some homework done and not panic on missing it!!!

20. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    yep...go ahead and get some work done...I will still keep everyone posted.