The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I posted a thread about my buck. He was sick with fever and I treated him with penicillin for 5 days. Now he's better but he does some type of sneezing/coughing noise. He also does some type of grunt or teeth grinding noise. But other then that he follows the herd everywhere And is acting much more energized and healthy. Any opinions on what might be wrong?

·
Super Moderator
59,745 Posts
Pneumonia would be my guess. Get some Draxxin from the vet. 1cc per 101 lbs. Get 2 shots and give once every 7 days for a 2 week coverage.

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
yes..Pen G does not always cut it..it take long teatments to help...I would get another antibiotic and continue treatment...if he is grinding his teeth that is mist likely gut pain..hows his poop? have you seen him chew a cud?? Have you got a temp on him today??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes..Pen G does not always cut it..it take long teatments to help...I would get another antibiotic and continue treatment...if he is grinding his teeth that is mist likely gut pain..hows his poop? have you seen him chew a cud?? Have you got a temp on him today??
His poop is regular. His pee is also back to a normal color. His temperature in the morning Was around 103 and he's always chewing when he's laying under the shade so I would say yes.

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
sounds like he is on the mend :D Maybe he is just a bit wore from the battle.. I would keep a close eye on him..maybe take his temp in the cool of the day for a week or so to be sure he isnt having a relaps ...as said before Pen is not the strongest treatment for Pueumonia so he may have a bit of virus still effecting him..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts